Friday, April 27, 2007

New Day, New Post! YPF!











I just received my April Blue Moon Fiber Arts "Rockin' Sock Club" kit yesterday-in time for YPF!!! The colorway is from the new "Tides" series and this colorway is "Walking on the Wild Tide". This is not just any old sock yarn, either. It is a new release (and we, the Notorious Sock Knitters, the first to receive it!) and is called "Silkie Socks that Rock", a merino/silk twisted blend!


So...I played a bit with my pics and was able to incorporate my skein of Silkie STR into one pic representing the skein as received, spread out (so you can see the colors in the colorway), then after I hand-wound it into a ball!

I also thought I'd show my Mystic Sea socks I'm working on in the med. STR "Lunasea" colorway...this colorway is really awesome! The more I knit with it, the more I enjoy it! The different colors that pop up and how the play alongside each other, changing their tones...I see dark teal, flecks of black, blackish teal, lavendar turning to grey (or is it grey turning to lavendar?), seafoam green, sage, yellow-green, pink...pretty amazing! And the pattern comes out so great. As for the color, you probably can't see what I do from this pictures, but at least you can check out the cool way the colors are pooling and how the pooling is interacting with the pattern texture! I'm really enjoying knitting these socks!

One last thing I had to share...embarassing, but at least it is progress...a moment I have been waiting for-to post pics of an almost-done sweater! (OK, this is partially to motivate me to finish this item! How's that for motivation?) It is the Origami Wrap Top I started (I don't know when!) and am hoping to soon finish. The body has been done for well over a year, but the sleeves were the big thorn in my side...I found an error (well, there are actually two, but I won't get into it right now...) and will have to frog back a few rows, but I am sooo close to starting the decreasing for the ragland shaping! The top came out really bright purple in the photo; the sleeves are a bit closer to what the color looks like in person. The pattern and 'yarn' are from Art Fibers here in San Francisco. The 'yarn' is "Origami", a paper yarn that kinda knits for crap since it doesn't stretch or glide along the needles well, but still cool to knit up!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that composite photo of the silkie. You gonna post it on the blog or the flickr group?

Man, every time I squish, er look at your Lunasea I want to buy another one in the med wgt since the one you got me was lightweight.

Christine Olea said...

I recently finished my lunasea socks and I love them as much as you. I couldn't get that old disney song out of my head the whole time I was knitting them. "Lavender Blue, dilly dilly, Lavender Green...."
Yours pooled much differently than mine but I like how it goes with the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Holy moly! (or gasping...!) Always such gorgeous yarn here when I drop by. Nice, nice.Envying you from SF! Terry

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who looked at that picture and yelled "How did she score three skeins of Silkie"? ;-) Okay, Leslie, good Gotcha moment!

Christine Olea said...

I did the Lunasea toe as written and I like it a lot. It's a little shorter than the standard toe, but I like the look of it and it feels just fine. I was dubious as well, but sometimes you just got leap in and hope for the best.