Sunday, April 01, 2007

Not so appetizing, but what the heck-other people do it!




OK, so my cooking isn't so 'Gourmet Cover-worthy', but I still thought I would share what kept me from my knitting this weekend! (see? this is actually knitting-related!) Well, I did actually work a bit on my 'top secret' homework assignment for Camp Cockamamie, but I didn't work on much else.

We attended a Seezdah Bedar celebration today at a friend's house. It is the 13th day of Narouz (Persian New Year). It was potluck, so I decided to make a roast turkey breast with sage/grand marnier and an orzo salad. I put the feta around the edge of the orzo salad, in case anyone was vegan, but then again-does it matter if it is on the same plate? I didn't mix them together...Well, at least I was making an effort to accomodate a more narrowed vegetarian diet...

So this is what I came up with. I know, the turkey looks a bit pale, but I was shooting for cooked and tender, not browned and dry. Besides, one thing close friends know about me (and relentlessly tease me about)--my oven is broken. Has been for over 6 years! I basically have survived by using my wonderful toaster oven! Ta-dah! When I need to do anything bigger than this (for the most part, this large 1/2 breast took up the whole oven), I use my parents' oven--nice having them close by!
So you see? This stuff is much more challenging for me than meets the eye!

No comments: