Thursday, June 22, 2006

My spinning endeavors!

OK, before I get myself in big-ass trouble, let me first say that the coffee sleeve idea is not mine! I got the idea at MagKnits from Mariko Fujinaka's "Java a Go-Go" pattern.

I didn't follow her pattern because I was just not into the gauging idea. However, the idea is too cute and I decided it would be a perfect project for my tiny bit of handspun yarn, so I made mine by taking advantage of the increasing gauge of differing stitches. (Ribbing, stockinette, seed...)

Here is what I did:


My Not-so-Clever coffee cup sleeve Posted by Picasa

Using my homespun (close to worsted wt) and size 3 DPNs (approx 4.25 st/inch), I CO 36 stitches and joined in the round.

Rounds 1-5 (5 rows) (K1, P1)* all around

Rounds 6-11 (6 rows) Knit. (stockinette stitch)

Rounds 12-17 (6 rows) in seed (moss) stitch

Round 18 Knit 9, increase 1, Knit 18, increase 1, knit 9next row, increase 1 (38 sts)

Rounds 19-20 Knit.

Bind off and weave in ends.

It will look a tad bit small, but once you put it over your first cup, it will fit perfectly and block itself! I think that any larger (given the stretch of the ribbing) and it would stretch out too much.




A coffee cozy I made out of my handspun yarn!  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! And look - another drop spindle user like me!!