Monday, June 12, 2006

And now, the finished Rock and Weaves!!!


Off the needles and buttons on! Posted by Picasa


Interesting how the orange pooled up in the same place! Posted by Picasa

I'm so impressed that I stayed the course and got these done! Though I still haven't finished the Cedar Creeks, at least I got the Hederas and these Rock and Weaves done! I was trying to use buttons from my already burgeoning collection, so only did one button for each sock. Being limited on my button selection, I ended up using these greenish-olive ceramic buttons. They work. Probably look better than the pic shown here--almost look a bit like jade.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look great. I haven't gotten started on mine yet. I'm curious how you did them both at once on DPNs. Did you alternate between two sets of needles?

tapmouse said...

Yep! That's exactly what I do--I I alternate between 2 sets of DPNs and work one part at a time: cuff, heel flap/turn, gusset, foot, toes. I don't like doing 2 on 2 (circulars) because I hate having to untwist the two strands of yarn all the time. But I also hate suffering SSS, so this is the *ideal* solution for me (not to say that I *never* do 2 on 2 or single socks at a time...)

Dave said...

Very nice -- well done! They look like a perfect fit!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Your socks look great! I also like the wrong side of the cuff, but I'm using the right side this time around. I told myself to stick with the pattern as much as possible & judge the results when I'm done. Have only one sock done so far... want to finish before July 1st. I've already picked out the buttons tho. Going with colored sea shells. Thanks for sharing yours. A job well done!