Saturday, April 07, 2007

Don't be hatin' on me...











OK, it was not only an excellent mail day on Thursday, but an extra-special mail day on Friday because I received my Rockin' Sock Club 2007 *Contest #1 prizeS!!! I received TWO skeins of lightweight Socks that Rock in two of the new colorways-Lunasea and...(dum-dah-dah-dum....!)...MYSTIC KELP!!!! How cool is that?
I poured over name after name for the contest that I came up with, settled on "Mystic Kelp", which made it to the final vote, only it didn't make the mark! The majority of the other suggested yarn names were really clever and punny, but my little old 'mystic kelp' made the vote list, so considering it was maybe only one of two or three non-punny names, I was just flattered to see it on the list! I was listed as a winner, as I believe my name was randomly drawn from the entries.
Well as it turned out, I'm assuming that my name suggestion must have been "Dyer's Choice", as Tina (Fabu-Dytress Extraordinaire) came up with a "Mystic Kelp" yarn! YOWZA!!! I'm too thrilled and flattered!
And (as you see...) heeeere they are! (Again, I don't know how to work around the picture layouts, so they are kinda out of order....) I showed the skeins twisted and opened up, in case you like to get a better idea of the color proportions...
*BTW, there was a post last week that there are still spaces left in the club, so if you still want to get in on the club, contact them and see if there is still room!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

So Jealous. Too bad I used that sock club coupon already. Love, Love, Love it.

Anonymous said...

Those are so pretty! I can't wait until they show up on the website!-Tricia

Anonymous said...

Happy you won! Gorgeous colors, oooh, so lucky :) Terry

Unknown said...

Those are so, so awesome! Can't wait 'til you come back from camp so I can check them out in person.

Have fun!

Juliet said...

Love that mystic kelp! Thanks for your suggestions - I'm going to go look at those patterns now. I've been thinking about the Monkey sock pattern, too.
Juliet

IrishGirlieKnits said...

So beautiful!!! Love them both...can't wait to get me some :)

Anonymous said...

I do love Lunasea - I cannot wait until the colors update so I can order that one. Thanks for sharing!