Friday, May 04, 2007

Wha-?! Yarn Prn Friday Again?!


And I actually have something to share...? Yeah, Terry-I'm shameful, huh? See, I know that 'Terry" likes to come over and see my yarn, so I couldn't let her/him down now could I?!

So...my latest from a shopping spree at Rumplestilskein in Sacramento...Rule #1, if you are able to be good about avoiding the LYS that is closing down, don't go to an out-of-town PTA Convention with another knitter! They are sure to want to find a yarn shop to check out and will most surely enable you!

So today's purchases: some sale yarn for a slubby shawl or moebius-not sure...and some Fiesta Rayon Boucle (in Color 2117, Iris) and Cotton Twist (Color 8349) to combine into a Cat Bordhi moebius-cuz, you know-I just got inspired to knit one now that I've taken a workshop with Cat and have seen other knit moebiuses!

The green color cotton twist is more limey than what appears in the pic. Much more limey than my tastes usually go for. BUT...combined with the "Iris" color, I think it will be mellowed, while the Iris will get a bit more jazzed up. We'll see... Oh-and the pink stuff...yes, many of you who know my 'usual' palette will wonder, "What the...-?!" Well, I got this fun washcloth poodle pattern that I want to knit for my sister, so I thought I'd try this stuff out.

As mentioned a bit ago, the California PTA is holding its Convention in Sacramento through Sunday, so there I was up there attending workshops and general meetings-perfect venues for listening while knitting! Funny, too, how well-courted we were by the fundraising companies! The Exhibitors at this convention are out of control! Do you know how much wrapping paper and other goodies I ended up bringing home with me? Do you know how many cookie, brownie, chocolates, cheesecake, pretzel, pizza, coffee samples were left out for us to eat? One thing for sure-one of them needs to bring water next year.

I'm hoping to have a WHOLE PAIR of socks to show off within the next week, so I'll keep you posted!

And a closing 'let's share' thought...lookie what my brother made as invites for his upcoming 40th Birthday celebration...Yeah, he made ONE EACH; rather, one for each invitee-IOW, no duplicates going on here...And he sent them in individual boxes with some black nesting stuff. Brilliant! CRAZY!!! He spent weekends and free evenings working on these for the past 3 months!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry, who does love a good yarn show, is female :) Yes, I guess my mother liked the "y" instead of an "i". So here I am, thanks for thinking of me and posting.

Maria said...

Hey Leslie! I'm remembering to comment!

What yarn shop is closing down? And your brother's invites look way too cool!

Unknown said...

Rumpel's is closing? That's a bummer, but no roving on that shopping excursion?

So the Horcrux is moving along, it sounds like.

Unknown said...

PS - your brother's invitations are amazing!