Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mystic Sea Socks completed!


Well here they are, finally finished! I ended up tearing back the first sock to lengthen it a bit. Of course, I had already cut the yarn and had to add a new end to it, but I think it was worth having it a tad longer in length. Can I reiterate how much I love the Lunasea colorway?! The color got a bit washed out in this pic, but you can see the texture pretty well. I really like the way the heel flap is designed to taper in a bit, too. Great socks, great fit! And my first socks with STAR TOES! The pattern is great and combined with this colorway, there are absolutely no regrets with this purchase!


Now, as for resisting the closing sale at Creative Accents-well...my resistance had worn down and I finally made my way there. I won't discuss my purchases at this time, but let's just say that we all know how weak I am!

4 comments:

Christine Olea said...

Huzzah! I liked the heel and the star toe more than I thought I would as well! I may just have to buy the Lunasea in silkie socks that rock...can't get enough of the colors.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love that colorway too! One of my favorites! This pattern really shows it off :) Great job!!

Unknown said...

Hi Leslie! They look great! I'm glad you liked knitting them and hope you'll enjoy wearing them as much as I enjoy mine. :) -Cass

Michelle said...

They look great! I bought the pattern recently too and can't wait to knit it.