Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I've been holding out on ya...


I don't know why...I think it is because I started this first sock so long ago and took so long on the second. Maybe because they are 'plain vanilla'. Perhaps it was because I finished the second sock and my first Kew around the same time (on my way home from Sock Camp...) and have now misplaced my Kew and can't show the socks together!


Either way, I have now posted the latest PAIR of socks added to my sock drawer. I also have another second sock around the corner-just haven't had the time to complete the pair!


So this pair is made from some 'Watermelon' dyed sock yarn I purchased on eBay a while back. Watermelon self-striping was just coming in, and I was one of the suckers who paid top price for this stuff. I didn't mind, though, because as a crafter, I can appreciate the time, materials, money, effort and all that went into dying this yarn. It is really soft, too! I can't recall off-hand what I paid, but I know when I placed my bet I figured I could never make it myself at that price!


Now, this is kinda a funky pic and I decided not to crop because the perspective is so bizarre. See my feet below the socks? Don't they look tiny? They are ugly and pudgy, but I thought I would not edit it out just cuz the perspective is so strange...

3 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

They look great! We always need some "plain vanilla" as you call it to make us appreciate the brownie sundaes! But who still doesn't like vanilla (or slices of watermelon in this case!).

Unknown said...

Plain vanilla is the name of the game for me at the moment. Too much detail can bog me down.

Anonymous said...

Prior to reading the post, the perspective made me think these were slippers that you planned to felt. Very nice socks. I recall the watermelon yarn.