Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lots of food, a little spindling, a bit of yarn...



Well, I missed out on YPF-instead, I was spending the evening with a bunch of First graders! It's been crazy and I feel like I have been cooking non-stop since Thursday evening!


First, I made some Turkey Ragu spaghetti and an orzo salad for the Friday night potluck. I took the easy route and bought the pre-packaged salad pack, but it was still good salad! Helped serve dinner and clean up that evening. It was an overnight at the school, so I also tortured my back sleeping on the carpet-covered concrete floor.


The next morning I helped make waffles for the kids. There was other food, but I didn't have to cook any of the other stuff... Got home and took a nap, then thought it wise to get started on the Teacher's Appreciation Lunch food I committed to making! Started on the San Antonio Quinoa Salad and did some of the prep for other dishes, as well as purchasing the ingredients I still had to gather!


So today was spent making the BBQ beans ("simmer for 6 1/2 hours..."-this, after having simmered it for " 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours..."-yeah, I'm crazy...), finishing up the quinoa salad (well, actually, I still have to chop tomatoes and add it, but I don't want to add that too far ahead), and making a spelt salad. I still have to slice tomatoes and cucumbers and make some 'favors'. What was I thinking?! Oh, and I have to make some dressing, too...OK, what I was thinking is that I am a complete food snob and feel like you have to make things from scratch for it to be 'special'!-lol!


And...not that you care, but I had also told my son's teacher that I would use the leftover eggs and bread to make 'bread pudding'. I decided that is not happening for tomorrow. I guess I'll be making it for Tuesday! And guess what else I get to make this week? Oh...maybe 12 qts of Turkey Chili for Friday's Talent Show! Bad timing...! And yes, I do work, though I am taking some time off this week!


Now for the knitting news...BEHOLD! Ribby Pulli components! You know, not that it matters, but I still can't figure out how to describe this color! It is Color #4006. I went to the Cascade site and it is grouped with some random colors. Kinda 'blackberry', kinda brown, some blue and red in it...All I know is that it looked great together with Puck's Mischief!



I had to show off some new yarn I'm spinning! It is some Merino/Bombyx from Chasing Rainbows that I purchased the other week when I picked up the Cascade 220 that Purlescence had ordered for me. (You know-the Cascade 220 that I will be using with my BMFA "Twister" to make the Ribby Pulli...)

So, here, my latest roving and yarn!




No comments: