Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Questions you get while working at the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Booth...

What size needle do I need to knit with?

OK, maybe a newbie knitter, doesn't 'get' gauge, right?

How much of this do I need for a sweater?

OK, so they forgot to mention how big a sweater, style (cropped, long-sleeve, short-sleeved...)

This will work for socks, right? (in reference to Luscious-100% silk)

Cockeyed's answer: you can knit socks from anything, but you probably won't be happy making them from this yarn. But I don't think the customer was listening...or didn't really want to hear the answer.

And the best one...

Do you have sock yarn?

WT-?

Trust me, I'm not making this up!

Sorry-this is all I have time for right now. Will continue my Tales of Stitches West in the next post.

ETA: And my favorite comment from the weekend in reference to the Sheep 2 Shoe Kit ($30.50 for 8.5 oz of fleece!) : "For that price, I can just buy a skein of yarn and knit socks from that." Yes you can. Just like for the price of a skein of sock yarn, you can just buy a pair of socks! It's not about *that*! But I think most of us 'get' it.

Also, some questions are pretty common and legit, so don't any of you feel bad for having asked stuff like that in your knitting life-I'm really not ragging on anyone. Well, ok, maybe the last two got me! (I know, IrishGirlie is already horrified that I published this and thinks I'm mean!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've asked you every one of those questions in the past year. lol!

mps

cupcakefaerie said...

I heard the booth was nearly cleaned-out by Sunday. Good job!

Discoknits said...

Knitters! We're an intelligent lot!!!

Anonymous said...

so........."DO? you have any sock yarn?!!!!"

Angeluna said...

Giggle, giggle!!! I would love to have been a fly on the wall. I'm sure it was a blast with such excellent and hilarious co-workers.

BrownCoat said...

Thank goodness I didn't ask any questions. LOL! All I did was complain about the lack of Raven Clan lightweight sock yarn. Hahaha! The last two questions though.... Hehehe! Sometimes it is fun to laugh at other people's expense.

When I left Saturday afternoon, your booth looked pretty wiped out. Sunday must have cleaned out the last of it.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

hhehhehe...you know me way too well!!

But goodness, I miss you bunches!! Although I don't miss the getting up early, do you? :)

Unknown said...

I think you are funny! Hello, people! You're in a convention center full of yarn. If that doesn't mean you should "get it" I don't know what will!