Friday, March 06, 2009

Remnants...

So Cupcakefaerie said that in my last post, I was like the "Miss Marianne... of Knitting"!-lol! Hmmmm...I guess it was kinda like "Romper Room"! Actually, I felt more like I was being Dorothy waking up from being in the land of Oz, "And you were there, and you were there..."!

But, like Miss Mary Ann who would never seem to see *me*, I don't want to be like her and not name my work knitting buddies and have them feel left out!-lol! So, pardon me for a second:

"Romper, bomper, stomper, boo.
Tell me, tell me, tell me do.
Magic mirror, tell me today.
Did all my friends have fun at play?"

...I see Calafia, Neri and Yarnkabobs, cuz they were there, too!

And why not share a bit of yarny goodness while I'm at it?...How about some Stitches West acquisitions...?

PurlescenceYarns had an after-SW "Show off your purchases" gathering at their shop on Saturday; I got the lovely shawl pattern shown in the background of this photo. The large skein is a laceweight merino/silk from A Verb for Keeping Warm. Below is the bit of spun and plyed G-Rocks and on the needles is my second Count Cluckula Leyburn! Yes, I'm still working on them!


As I posted last time, I stopped by Miss Babs. I couldn't resist this pattern and these mini-skeins to use to make my new baby-cousin-in-process a hat. She is due to arrive in June!

Addictive, this G-Rocks colorway is! I started a second spindle-full!

And just finished plying it this afternoon!

So far, I'm sure the purchases look fairly harmless, huh? Well, they would've been but I for my big BMFA purchase at the end! A few other Miss Babs made it home with me, too, along with miscellaneous accessories-mostly shawl clasps/pins. Yeah, I'm bad. Very bad...

4 comments:

Discoknits said...

OK, that looks like you hardly bought a thing! We know better. Post the Blue Moon pic. Yes, the whole lot. I dare you ;0)

cupcakefaerie said...

Miss Mary Ann never saw me either, and I was there every time, glued to the tv screen! :)

So now I really want to spin after seeing you and Disco do it.

And, yes, I double dare you to show the Blue Moon! :)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

hehehe...oh those two above...aren't they cute with the double dares!! I say no need to share! No guilt! You worked your butt off all weekend :)

Love love love your spinning!! Gorgeous!! I think you and Cockeyed can totally bring cupcakefaerie over to the dark side, I mean spinning side.

Knitting Kris said...

Well, I would like to see the BMFA lot! :) If I promise to show you what I intend to purchase as MD sheep and wool festival in the beginning of May, will that help? :)
Miss Babs - I love her yarn!