Saturday, March 14, 2009

But of course there was more.

No, Knit-Pals, I have not yet had a chance to take a pic of the high-demand Socks that Rock haul from SW. I did get a chance to squeeze a few pics of the rest of my Miss Babs before the battery went dead on my camera.

Two sock yarns I 'had' to have from Miss Babs: "CrazyD" and "FoxGrapes".
The "CrazyD" is a limited edition; Miss Babs only had 3 since they were
basically dyed at the end a a dye session with leftover dyes.
She also told me that FoxGrapes is a new colorway, born of a dying error.



I fell in love with this black/gray/green laceweight, also from Miss Babs.
So it ended up in my purchase pile, too. Weak, I tell ya! I'm considering knitting the pattern I got from Purlescence that night with this yarn.

And now that I have found the charger and recharged the battery, I haven't had time to pull out all the stuff. I swear, I had them arranged and ready for a photo shoot but just couldn't squeeze the last bit of energy from the camera!

Deal with it. I'll post it next time. You'll live.

In the meantime, I have finished a crocheted hat for a friend and still plug away at my Count Cluck Leyburns and...yes, CAMP HOMEWORK! I'm pretty sure I am going to knit the obvious crab, but so far my attempts have not 'shaped up' the way I planned. I keep at it, but the Leyburns and crocheted hat were definitely more fun to work on since I could see progress.

I've also been dying to start Giselle, by Marnie MacLean, but I am going nuts trying to get the swatch right! Luckily I have 3 skeins of WooBu and according to the pattern instructions, this would put me a good 400 yds. over the total yardage requirement. I have made a third swatch (the other two represented 5 different needles...) and am hoping that this will be the final and I can "Go, Man, Go!" or should I say, "Go, Knitter, GO!"? The swatch is drying and I can's speed it up.

Either way, I'm chomping at the bit. And yet, homework looms...What to do?

Well, I've taken a short break from the spinning, though it is calling to me pretty loud, too!

Since I had difficulty putting down my spindle the whole week following SW,
I ended up with these three little skeins of G-Rocks.
You will notice the top is more yellow;
this is what happens when you *think* you spun a whole color repeat onto the spindle,
then find you didn't!
I missed a patch of the magenta repeat, so the yellow showed up stronger.


So here, my whining will cease. I will try and get the STR recent acquisitions photographed tomorrow. Off to relax! Oh-and maybe work a bit more on the Leyburns! Er, I mean homework...NOT! I need a break from that right now.

3 comments:

Discoknits said...

You're SO lucky to have sock camp homework :0(

cupcakefaerie said...

I love your handspun! (Is that the right terminology?) Haven't started on the homework yet :(

Unknown said...

Miss Babs is so pretty! You did well and showed restraint. So proud of you!!!