Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fer REAL-it's the STR Haul!

It's true! I bought more than I said I would! And yet, I missed out on buying some more 'thoughtful' or well thought out STR purchases. But that's what happens when you don't have the sense to get to SW early and figure out and tally-up and be thoughtful about your purchase! You just (at least I just) kinda did a love, grab and go approach! So I promised I'd destash some of my other lovely sock yarns-just haven't had a chance to go through and pick which ones, yet!



So for some reason (well, my lack of sophistication in navigating computer language in relation to this blog for one...), I cannot get these pictures I uploaded to go where I need them to. So...I will just have to deal with them as they appear...Sorry about that!

So, first up: further evidence that I am an undisciplined Knitter. Yes, I finally cast-on for Giselle! I couldn't wait even though I need to: finish many UFO's (eh, who waits to finish them ALL anyway!), cast-on for the second mitten for my cousin's daughter, cast-on for a baby sweater for a June arrival, work on camp homework, get serious and finish my second Count Cluckula Leyburn, finish a pair of fingerless mitts promised to a friend a year ago, finish my second Queen of Beads, start the new KAL with my Guppy yarn!-that's just the immediate things I should do instead...

But no, instead I started Giselle...




I'm doing the full-length, crocheted trim version. Now that I am aware of BMFA's "Luscious", I will pick a cool color to use for the crocheted portion. Right now I'm thinking: Valkyrie (to match), Shadow or Winter Solstice (which I am hoping would translate to a pretty silvery color in the Luscious). Input? Opines? I'm open to hear them all! I don't have to worry about it for a long while, so I have time to think on it.

And here is one of my Med. Wt. mill ends...I will be knitting "Baby Mine" with this skein and am anxious to see how it knits up! (Yeah, the pattern was also a SW purchase...)


And here are the three full-priced skeins I got: Manly Yes, But I Like it Too! (med. weight for Sassy Man ankle socks); Sam 'n' Ella (med. weight for socks for ME! when I read it is like Lunasea, I HAD to have it!); Guppy (lightweight for socks for my sis)...


And finally, what you have all been waiting for-all Mill Ends: Heavy Weight in the rear left in "Tree Hugger"-ish and "Carbon Dating"-ish colorways...("ish" because remember, the skeins are not exactly 'right'!). Then there were a few Medium weights in semi-solids that I thought would be lovely for Baby Yours and some other future project and some lightweights that appear quite HobGoblin-ish, Jubilation-y, Alley-oops-y and just others that were just plain pretty, rooster-y and too hard to pass up!



And FINALLY...
A very big THANKS to Hulaknitter who sent me this!...
It is a dark brown/tan dkKnits sock yarn I won on her blog! To assist with the Aussie Red Cross fundraising for the bush fire victims, HulaKnitter offered up some of her own stash as drawing prizes. For every $10ASD donated, you got a chance at winning some of her yarn! I've not used this yarn before, so it will be fun to check out! Kudos to HulaKnitter for encouraging knitters to give to such a great cause!






9 comments:

cockeyed said...

...glad you finally came clean with the stash inhancement! can't wait til camp!!

Judy K. said...

ooh...that purple and grey one is lovely!

Discoknits said...

Do you feel like you've been to confession? :0p What a lot of pretties.

And yay for winning blog competitions - congrats :0)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you like the yarn! And thanks for the shout-out on your blog!

BTW, thanks to your pics, Sam'n'Ella is NOW in my BMFA shopping cart.....my wallet thanks you!

Rocky Moreno said...

Wow! Love the yarn!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

You did well! Seriously, four days being surrounded by that beauty...we did the best we could!

Giselle is going to be gorgeous!!

Tan said...

I can see you got your tax refund before heading out to SW.

Anonymous said...

Looks like quite a haul!

Unknown said...

Nice haul! I want a job with you all next year. Will work for yarn!