Thursday, March 05, 2009

Where to begin?

A bit out of order since I was having issues with cutting and pasting and editing this post! Oh well...

So we will start with pictures, since that is how it has to be...

EttaMae and Cockeyed-they are the bestest!




IrishGirlieKnits and WoolGirl--finally, I got to meet THE WoolGirl!








IrishGirlieKnits is so proud of her controlled BMFA purchases!
(Note that she was able to fit hers all in one moderate-sized tote...me? not so much!
--GADS, I'm talking like a Socakteer!
Next thing you know I'll be doing the Smarty Pants Dance!)





And look-they came bearing gifts! Cockeyed sewed the awesome tote, herself!
I'm actually mainstream knitting blog-illiterate because this was the first
I'd seen the lovely cabled mug! Apparently it has been out in the knitting blogstream awhile...

Me, EttaMae, IrishGirlieKnits,
Disco and Cockeyed


And now for my the "report"...
I don't even know where to begin! This past weekend was a whirlwind full of so much fun, love, laughs! And, of course, FIBER and fibery goodness!

IrishGirlieKnits and I were helping man the booth for Blue Moon Fiber Arts at Stitches West. What could be better than working with the IrishGirlie, Cockeyed and EttaMae? It was so much fun to have so much time with them together, though most of the time was spent on our feet talking to BMFA customers! But I have to say, talking all about yarn that you adore is not difficult! And sharing in the love that is, Blue Moon Fiber Arts, is really something special!




It was amazing how Thursday night was an absolute whirlwind, with Friday going non-stop but lasting longer! And just about all the mill ends were sold out by the end of Friday. And yet-Saturday had not yet come? Is it me, or are the Fridays now the busier day rather than Saturday?

And it was fun to realize that I'm not the only BMFA-crazed knitter! We were gushing and oooo-ing over lovely Luscious silk, Luscious Single Silk, WooBu and (of course) our beloved Socks that Rock! And then there was Peru and Twisted and Silk Thread and the most-amazing chunky, thick De-Vine!!! I think it needs to be called 'Miss De-Vine, to You'.

As the stock went down and the booth slowed a bit, I pulled out a Sheep 2 Shoe kit in G-Rocks to spin a bit with and fell in love with this colorway! Cockeyed has some pictures at her blog of the spun fiber here.

So now let me move on to the other wonderful things about working Stitches West, other than my wonderful booth buddies (yes, that includes all the yarn!)...my Knitting Buddies! Chicken Knits, Marisol, Rockiknit and Marlowe-all were in my dying class with Scout-were there...Then there was HizKnits and WonderMike of YKnits being their wonderful selves! HizKnits was the Stitches West Booster, or shall I say Ambassador, doling out Cliff Bars and Luna Bars and other nutritious, energy-sustaining goodies and checking in with all of us! The Purl Girls from Purlescence, Nathania and Sandi were the wonder-Goddesses who were like the local hostesses with the mostests! I saw BeadLizard Sylvia, her Aunt Connie, friends from years past and even further past...trust me, you get to be my age and you can say you haven't seen someone in 26+ years (and it isn't like you knew them as a baby...)...And of course, Nartian was there to support and participate in the looney antics! And I got to see Cupcakefaerie a few times for fleeting moments! (Luckily I know we will have more time to hang out at camp and later...) We finally got to meet the wonderful Jen of WoolGirl fame, together with the most-talented photographer, NeuroKnitter! And dear, Disco returned all the way from Florida! What a thrill!!!

And I met new pals, Stephanie and Ann from Great Balls of Yarn in Florida! I also got to meet the wonderful, talented Pigeon Roof Studios dyer, Krista McCurdy-rumor has it that she may be at Sock Summit with her lovely yarns and maybe a tad bit of roving! Nartian and I got to show off our Miss Babs knits to Miss Babs, herself!
I did manage to purchase a few items here and there, but mostly at our booth! I'll show you a sampling later. So, so many things, people, excitement galore! Of course, my purchases included a spindle, captured in a picture and published on Neuroknitter's blog! Thrills, I tell you! And it was so exciting to be a part of it all.

7 comments:

cockeyed said...

...holy non-folding, batman, but that was some fun times! so glad we get to be together soon at camp! love you!!

cupcakefaerie said...

So awesome! You are like the Miss Marianne (remember her? I see my friend...) of knitting.

Looking forward to spending more quality time with you at sock camp. Oh, and I expect to see you demonstrate the Smarty Pants dance :)

Knitting Kris said...

Oh, here's where living on the East coast is not so much fun. I missed out on all the fun! It sounds like you had a blast! :) I can't even begin to imagine working the BMFA booth - I had to chuckle at your previous post about the questions you answered! What patience!

Neuroknitter said...

Totally fun times!!! It was so exciting to finally meet you and hang out!

I can't wait to see the yarn off your spindle!! Gorgeous stuff!

Folder-ama!!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Just a week ago! Can you believe it!! Such a fun time and I loved working every minute with you :)

Camp!! Soon!!!

Discoknits said...

FUN!

Unknown said...

It was so fun to meet up with you! I'll get around to blogging it sooner or later!