Thursday, February 26, 2009

Why am I blogging...?

When I should be getting to bed?!

Well...you don't just go to work Stitches West, come home and go to sleep, that's why! It's just not like that! Especially when I got to see and spend seven hours with Cockeyed, Etta Mae and IrishGirlieKnits!!!

Here's Cockeyed, doing the 'serious' setting up the booth thing!


This is Etta Mae showing me the back of "Michael's" shirt. He's working with
Cat Bordhi on some iPhone knitting application...Sounds cool. I have no iPhone...


I mean, just LOOK at all this Blue Moon Fiber Arts goodness I was surrounded by!
The whole left side? Socks that Rock! That rack in the front
(right side of pic, left side of table...) is all Mill Ends! And if you look carefully in the center back,
you can see a couple of the sample shawls!


Sandi and Nathania dashed over and found stuff to add to their personal stashes! And they have full access to the stuff since they own Purlescence Yarns, the only California retailers!
Can you tell they are happy?!
Purlescence Yarns will be hostessing an After Stitches
"Show off Your Stitches West Purchases" aftershow get-together
at their shop on Saturday evening



Market closed up at 8pm and we were out fairly shortly thereafter. Cockeyed decided this was a picture she could not miss...

Yeah, as snail on a RAIL! Hmm...I think she was getting tired and needed to get back to her room for a little winding down! Yes, Cockeyed, we DO have snails in California!

So back to the Convention Center tomorrow, bright and early for another day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing! looks awesome! have a blast!

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous! I bet it will be decimated by the time I get there today.

See you soon!

Angeluna said...

Thanks for the photos, dear Leslie. Just a stunning lot of STR.

Please give hugs to everyone for me. Cockeyed and the snail says it all!

I am so tempted to have you pick out some mill-ends for me. Slapping my own hand. Must knit what I have.

cockeyed said...

...yes we have them too, they just don't appear on rails......

Knitting Kris said...

It looks like you are having a lot of fun! I'm terribly jealous! :) But it's a nice day here in PA!

Unknown said...

So nice to see you today!! I got a skein of Silk Thread II. Yes, I'm contemplating lace. We'll see if I ever cast on or if it remains eye candy for awhile!

depravedyer said...

snail on a rail

seriously?

cupcakefaerie said...

It was so good to see you! What a team you, irishgirlieknits and the sockateers made with those huge crowds.

See you at camp, if not before!

Maria said...

It was so nice to see you! I met several "old" friends at Stitches this year, and it was wonderful. I hope you had a great weekend!