Sunday, January 25, 2009

Obsessive Knitting...that will make you GREEN with ENVY!!!

OK, so I just spoiled for anyone in the Seven Deadly Spins Club! It was a 50/50 chance we'd be getting Envy and not Lust, but I figured most of you know I'm not the blog to go to if avoiding spoilers. Besides, I think most of us have our kits anyway!

In case I have just spoiled and you don't want to see anymore, do not read further. I will do a little spacing inbetween this portion and the pic...



SPOILER WARNING!!!!



SPOILER WARNING!!!!




SPOILER WARNING!!!!


.....




....



....



....



....




....

I received my 7 Deadly Spins Kit yesterday morning. It is so gorgeous that I HAD to cast-on for this one immediately: fingerless beaded gloves! A Syvia Harding pattern paired with gorgeous "Houseblend" yarn for the Unique Sheep, dyed in a beautiful "Celedon Green" (that's how *I'm* describing it!) color!

This kit came complete with beads and hook. We also got a green pen and hand lotion!


So I have been obsessed with working on these and am having a hard time putting them down-and believe me, I need to since I need to be working on housework! But they are so addictive it's not even funny!


It is a DK weight yarn of alpaca, silk and I think merino. Very soft and very luscious!

And guess who's in town? It's my canine neice, Nico!!!

And a last picture to share of Lil' Emp's picture he took today...

He caught a pic of the squirrel we'd seen in the park today, after it had been scared up the tree. The Emp had fun using the camera at the aquarium today; we stopped by there for a couple of hours to check it out. We got in on our family pass, so it was a quick in and out for a short visit.

Where does the weekend go, I ask?!

5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I'm quite envious of that pattern! No wonder you cast those on right away!! Gorgeous!!!

Sounds like you had a busy busy weekend!! How cute is Nico too!

cupcakefaerie said...

Since I'm on a yarn and sock/yarn club diet (well, sort of), it's nice of you to share so I feel like I got one too!

Tan said...

It is a super kit! Are you doing Woolgirl again? I decided it was too pricey to do both that and the lace one, so just doing the lace one. Thanks to you for discovering so many good clubs for me ;)

Knitting Kris said...

What a gorgeous kit, but then again Woolgirl always does a great job!
I love those mitts!

Unknown said...

Pretty, pretty kit!

And Nico is just too darn cute. I thought Bob was here for a second.