Friday, January 16, 2009

It's ba-ack!...The Stinkin' Quick Crocheted Neckwarmer

So I previously posted my crocheted neckwarmer in the last post. It's not a big deal, but I'm so impressed with what a quick crochet it was and how lovely the stitch pattern crocheted up that I thought I'd share.

Ravelry doesn't want me putting the instructions in my notes section of the project, so I'm posting it here. Maybe you'd be interested, maybe not. But I thought I'd share anyway.


If it is illegal for me to post a stitch pattern, let me know. And there will be no more free pattern!



Here is my "pattern":

The Stinkin' Quick Crocheted Neckwarmer
I was delighted to find this stitch pattern out of a Crochet Dictionary I had lying around. It is the "pattern stitch 71, "Osier Stitch" found in "The New Crochet Dictionary" by Rhoda Ochser Goldberg, a Crown Trade Paperbacks publication copywrite 1986.





Chain 24 (Foundation chain row)
Row 1: Ch3, (1dc, ch2, 1sc) in first st, *skip 2 sts, (2dc, ch2, 1sc) in next st* rep *to*
Row 2: Ch2, *(2dc, ch2, 1sc) in ch space*, rep *to*
Repeat row 2 for pattern.

I just kept crocheting the pattern until I nearly ran out of yarn (or to desired length around), then used a single crochet to seam the ends together.

This was such a quick project! Only one repeatitive row and easy to memorize-this was completed in one day (2 spurts of very limited crocheting time!)

8 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Super cute!!! But..its...crochet..

Just teasing!! Happy weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Nice! Well done, you!

cupcakefaerie said...

So very lovely, and so very lovely on you. But you used the "C" word... :)

Kathy in San Jose said...

Very cute...And to those who are dissing crochet -- it's a lot quicker than knitting!

Knitting Kris said...

I occasionally have a fling with the wicked stepsister, crochet! It's usually when I'm entrenched in a larger knitting project, and need the satisfaction of an FO. Crocheting is faster than knitting, but it won't replace my enjoyment of all things knitterly!
PS - that's a particularly lovely cowl!

Jasmine said...

That looks great! I've been meaning to venture int o crochet, this might be a good one to try. Thanks!

Rocky Moreno said...

Thanks, I don't think there's any problem posting the pattern! I love it and will definitely crochet one up!

Anonymous said...

Learned to crochet first and still prefer it to knitting. Goes faster; but also uses more yarn. This is a lovely pattern. Can't wait to use a really nice yarn to make it.