Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Knitting in the New Year

Ha! I have started my Moebius of Peace! And when I think of peace lately, the Natalie Merchant version of Peace Train runs through my head. Oh...and the repetitive mass verbiage: "Go in Peace"... "Peace be with You" (and when Disco has said that, my automatic mental response was, "And also with you."!-lol! Sorry, some things just get pounded into memory and are rote responses that are trained into our brains in Catholic school!)

But here you have it...my first ever moebius...

This is a combination of Cotton Twist in an apple green, combined with some hand-painted nubby stuff of which I forget what it is called and what company dyed it. All I know is that I got it about a year and a half ago in Sacramento while up there for PTA convention at Rumplestelskein.


I think I had also mentioned gift knitting still in progress...
Yet another cowl out of a silk tweed aran, using the same lattice lace pattern as the "Green Cowl Gone Wrong" I had earlier made, based on the Cafe Latte mitts. Still a bit early to see the patterning.

And I told you about the Ravelry Cake and the Bring Back the Cake group? Well, there was a thread suggesting a cake KAL/CAL. I was planning on participating, then we got the cake back. I am still knitting up a cake to send to Casey-this time as a thank you, rather than a boo-hoo...
Yes, it is acrylic yarn! Vanna's Choice and as much as many don't like even Vanna's but for knitting, I am finding it pleasant to knit. Not like wool, but definitely not horrible for knitting.


And a little progress on the Leyburn KAL socks:
BMFA Socks that Rock lightweight in Seal Rock!

I finished this before Christmas, but left it at Lil' Emps' school in a cabinet. (Gads, I hate this ADA Upgrade project! The office and faculty lounge are in two separate bungalows and I forget things when they are spread out in two locations!) This is knit with some of the Malabrigo Privada I had gotten and grown to love! I should make matching booties, but I'm afraid they won't get done if I do!
A gift for a special baby that was born before Christmas.
I need to wrap it and send it out with some other goodies. (ETA: this is the Jester Hat found for free on Ravelry, written for Bulky yarn, but I knit in worsted to make it smaller) I lengthened the ribbing
and stockinette in hopes this will make for a more versatile had that can be worn longer.


And this concludes the current 'focus' projects for the time being! Thanks for stopping by to see what's up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I know what baby this is for!

Rocky Moreno said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the final moebius! Love the colors.

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you on the Vanna's Choice. It's not wool but it'll be good for some nephew knits.

Knitting Kris said...

Love the colors of your moebius. I've never knit one either!