Monday, January 05, 2009

Knit in Peace!

So the wonderful Tina of Blue Moon Fiber Arts has put out a call to knit peace, and I want to pass on her message...

http://blog.bluemoonfiberarts.com/site/entry/a_call_to_knitpeace/

As we often sang in school..., "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me..."

We all take in the message and wish so hard for things to be better. Different. Acceptance of our diffferences; love and appreciation for all that is different. And an end to all things that are hurtful to others-including social injustices, judgemet, blame. And the wish that we could all strive to take the high road and do no harm.

So let's all work on this together! Or should I say 'knit' on this together? Collectively we can make a difference. Sometimes it is just stepping back and thinking before we 'react'. Often we do or say hurtful things as a reaction to something we found hurtful in some way. If we take a moment to think about how we want to approach things, we can somtimes do the positive- extend kindness-or even the courage to say 'sorry'. I know I have, and I have reaped positive from what would have otherwise been negative.

All I am saying..."is give peace a chance..."
Peace Out.
Peace, Man, Peace.
Knit, Man, Knit!

2 comments:

Discoknits said...

Right on, dude ;0)

Seriously though, as I say each Sunday: peace be with you :0)

Unknown said...

Amen! When I knit I try to remember that my thoughts at the time I'm knitting go into the garment. So I better think good thoughts- especially if it's a gift.