Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Crochet Edition...

I am very pleased with myself. I started, well...an unknown project, supposedly a scarf. I started my project yesterday and I finished it TODAY! Due to lack of yarn, it really ended up being a neckwarmer, but I'm very happy with it!

You see, there is a woman on Ravelry who decided to sell a bunch of purple scarves to raise money for Pancreatic Cancer research. Thread is here. I offered to send her some purple yarn and in addition to snagging up purple yarn from generous souls at Purlescence Yarns Sunday, I thought it would be nice to perhaps make a scarf to contribute, as well. Among the purple castaways was a mohair-ish (yes, the stuff I'm allergic to!) nubby-light yarn, seemingly DK weight that someone threw at me as I stuffed the last of the purple yarn into a bag.

I decided that I would use it to make a scarf to include. It was just the one skein.

Faced with the prospect of starting yet another project, and seeking a 'quick fix', I decided to crochet a scarf with this skein.

Long story longer...the pattern I chose from Rav seemed to be missing a part of one of the rows in the instructions. I had to rip this glue-grip hold mohair back a few inches and dug through this crappy old crochet book I had picked up from some second-hand somesuch place.



Low and behold, a WONDERFUL crocheted stitch! See for yourselves...



Once you crochet the set-up row and knit the second, the rest is all a repeat of the same row 2! Gotta love that!

In the long-run, I didn't have nearly the amount necessary for a scarf. So I seamed it and made a neckwarmer! Ta-DUH!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you fancy pants!!!! Crochet no less. Well done, you!

Discoknits said...

Very pretty :0)

cockeyed said...

...really, really pretty! Good for you!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Super cute! And super fast!! And, is this three blog posts three days in a row!! Wow!! Love it!

cupcakefaerie said...

Wow, you crochet too? Very cool!

Anonymous said...

good for you all around!