Thursday, January 01, 2009

A New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2009 has begun and, as always, I never make resolutions. But in a way, an incidental resolution occurred since I was at a local "beauty" store yesterday, taking advantage of their 25% off coupon that expired yesterday. I ended up with a bag full of face products so I resolved that I would do my best to follow my aestheticians recommendations and USE this stuff DAILY, as prescribed!-lol! I'm really feeling my age cuz I have now moved up to serums for "aging skin", whiteners and other such treatments! Suffice to say I spent waaaay more than I intended-but saved a goodly amount! So what I saved in yarn, I spent in face product! But, as we used to say when I sold Mary Kay, 'good looks begin with good skin' ...or something along those lines!

Though my gift knitting continues, I started on the Leyburn STR KAL because I could no longer resist the gorgeous skein of Seal Rock that was calling out to me! If you want in on this, pop over to the Rav Socks That Rawk! group! The thread is stickied to the top, so you can't miss it! The Socks that Rawk group is a great group and I tend to prefer it over the "Rockin' Sock Club" group someone started over at Rav. It may be just cuz Nartian, Irish Girlie and I are all on the Socks that Rawk group more than the other. Or maybe cuz TurtleGirl is such an awesome Mod that we love! Anyways, there is no deadline to join the KAL and what is fun is we are all knitting the pattern using different colorways of STR! (YAY, STR!!!)



OH...and the cowl I started for my bro's gf is done! I named it "Southwestern Flair". I picked this CP yarn called "Kaya" because it looked like a yarn she'd like (she likes red); since it stripes, I thought the texture looked kinda southwestern (and she is from Albequerque), so I went with it! Her style is kinda mod and the reds she tends to go for are more true tomatoe red, so I hope she likes this anyway!-lol!

If anyone cares, I will write up this pattern and post later. Easy peasy but I would have probably made it a bit smaller than it ended up.

I hope that 2009 has started off well for all of you! I think that with the completion of one project yesterday and only starting the Leyburns, I am doing pretty well. And I'll be working on the dark age spots!-lol! ;)

8 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love the cowl!! So pretty!!

Here's to a happy new year and happy face products!! hehehehe...oh, and Lush had their after Christmas sale with lots of buy 1 get 2 free. Goodness. I fell down. bigtime. But I will smell good in 2009!! Big hugs!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh, and yes, I love the Socks that Rawk group too!!

Unknown said...

Based on yours and IrishGirlie's, I'll be starting some leyburns soon.

Happy New Year!

Discoknits said...

Those Leyburns are COOL.

Love the cowl. Is that a crossover stitch like the Dream Swatch HeadWrap? Lovely.

Happy New Year :0)

My verification word: Mensk
A guy only resort in Russia?

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!You're off to a great start!

I had just added the Leyburn pattern to my queue when I saw yours and Irishgirlie's. I don't think I can resist joining you guys for the KAL. Maybe this will finally be my year of the sock!

Tan said...

Happy New Year! I would love the cowl pattern when you get it written up.

Rocky Moreno said...

That cowl is awesome! Please share. I'll be starting my teenies (socks) this weekend to for the KAL.

Knitting Kris said...

I love the socks and the cowl! Both are just gorgeous! I think the Leyburn pattern is a good pattern for STR, but I've yet to join the KAL!