Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What? No Yarn?!

And yet, still KNITTING-RELATED!

Yes, I coudn't resist getting a new Rav t-shirt and today it came in the mail-as did my Camp Crow's Feet Special Edition hoodie! The hoodie is a bit big-I didn't dare get M and the XL was definitely too big. In the long-run, this L probably is a correct size since I have girth, Baby, and I may have been experiencing negative ease with a medium-especially with bulkier clothing underneath. Sucks to be short and squat!

As for the Rav shirt, I got a Large unisex. The sizing is a wee bit snug, which wouldn't be bad if the neckline were a tad lower and the sleeves a bit shorter. I am seriously considering cutting the neckline and maybe doing some fun embroidery on it, as well as the sleeves. We'll see, cuz I don't otherwise envision myself wearing it.

I am happy to report that my Ribby Pulli scoop is coming along. I have bound off at the armholes and need to being working the sleeves. So-what length should I go with? I'm thinking a tad shorter than the sample shown here, but not too short. Maybe about and inch or two above my elbows.



And Nell (fellow Bay-Area blogger and new nursing graduate!-congratulations, btw!) convinced me that yes, a matching hat is in order for the Shakti baby sweater. I opted to puff it out a bit after the band. Nartian agreed it was a cute option. We shall see how this comes along...
This is the base of the hat after a series of increases. I'm now going to knit it straight and then pull the top in.

And on the sock-knittng front, am I working on my Monkey Kaw Kaw? Well, er...it's coming along...but I, uh...cast on this Terry Ross "Slip Stitch Delight" sock pattern...
I found the pattern at Ravelry (for free!) and noticed she designs alot of her socks using Socks That Rock! This one calls for STR medium weight but, alas, this is not STR! This is the Spunky Ecclectic Super Sport I got on a whim when I decided I needed "Union color" socks! Truth be told, my union is a bit sucky these days, so this may just be my Fraternity socks since my business fraternity colors are "Old Gold" and "Royal Purple".

And then there's this sock I've been hiding from all of you...
It's the "first sock" and who knows when it will be completed or have a mate! This is Jeanie Townsend's "Lilac" pattern knit in Claudia Handpainted, "Eat Your Veggies" colorway. A person over at one of my Rav boards (The Solidarity League of Creative Women Distracted by Ooooh Shiny...) posted this, "do you ever feel guilty about starting a new project…so guilty that you don’t post it on ravelry until you are almost done with it…or at least halfway done with it?."-HA! I know about that!

And the real clincher? I cast on another shawl! This one is the Forest Canopy Shawl pattern I purchased a while back. It calls for 350 yards-much more than the 250 yards of Dream in Color Classy that I had thought I might use for it. So I dug around and found the STR Heavyweight that IrishGirlie had convinced me to purchase at Purlescence. It is the Raven colorway "Tlingit".
Much like my Malabrigo Chunky idea, I figured-350 yards? I can do that!

6 comments:

Chrispy said...

I agree about the necklines on the ravelry shirts. I have been seriously considering changing mine up since I don't do crew necks. I look forward to seeing what you plan to do

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out!

I'm excited to see how your Rav tee turns out. Embroidery and a lower neck would look really cool.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh my goodness!! I love these long posts :) Baby hat is cute...love all the socks!! How do you decide which to work on though when there are that many on the needles...enquiring minds want to know?

Go ribbi pully!

Anonymous said...

Love the Tlingit! It's perfect for the Forest Canopy shawl. I can't wait to see the rest of the Ribbi pully and the shawl.

Anonymous said...

I bought that shirt too (in medium, and I wore it yesterday)! Isn't it cute? I agree the neckline is a little too snug, and I already have more crew-necks than I know what to do with. Maybe if I learn some sewing skills, I can modify it. Maybe.

I also bought the Daily Dose unisex shirt. Suuuuuper cute.

cupcakefaerie said...

I like your secret socks and the way the Tlingit looks knit up.