Saturday, May 10, 2008

I just saw this...

pattern that was linked into the current Threadbear newsletter and as much as I find it kinda cute, I have to say that I have a big adversity to it. It kinda reminds me-well, no actually, it absolutely is reminiscent of- a Junior Prom dress I made as a teen. Slit shoulders are back in?...But my dress was a v-neck...My general fashion rule of thumb is that if I already wore it when it was in style the first time around, I won't do it the second go-round! I'm sure I've made exceptions, but generally that' s my rule! So no baby doll tops, no platform shoes, no crocheted potholder vests for this gal...(And I'd post the prom dress pic, but I'd have to find and scan it first!)

Nothing else to blog right now because I'm tired! But I'll throw you a visual bone since reading my blog can be tedious work! This is the laceweight Merino I had reported getting the other week from The Knittery in Moonlight!

5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Please do show us that prom picture :) YOu know you can find it!!

Pretty pretty laceweight! Happy Mother's Day!

adrienne said...

love the colors of that new lace yarn! so whatcha gonna knit?

Maria said...

I think we should all make blog posts with bad photos of ourselves as younger people. I love old photos of myself, though.

OMG Did you know ImagiKnit has Casbah (Hand Maiden) now? I just got some in Masala. It's a color way outside my comfort range, but I am in LOVE with that yarn. And it was ok for me to get, because I was exchanging leftover yarn for it! Hooray!

Unknown said...

Now that would be an awesome color for the next air/sky/light shawl KAL!

And seconding Maria, you so need to get some Casbah!

Unknown said...

That's the best fashion advice I've gotten in a while!