Sunday, May 11, 2008

I think I need to show you some proof of knitting before I go on...I'm about to finish my Camp Crow's Feet segment and didn't want this to get lost in the camp pics! So I am now on one of the two sleeves for the baby sweater! I spent a good deal of today working on the RibbyPulli Scoop, only it was slow-going and I still have around 2" more to go on the body length...I have some guilt about not spending time picking up around the house, but Sassy Man was at work and Lil Emp with his grandparents-I was home alone and took advantage of the uninterrupted time! I still have guilt, but I'll get over it!

So by now, Camp Crow's Feet has been well-reported on in BlogLand. Stephen of HizKnits has a podcast up over at YKnit which I finally got around to listening to today (as I knit on the Ribby Pulli, of course!)
I had the most fun listening to Stephen's (hizKNITS) podcast (YKnit) on Camp Crows Feet! Entertaining but maybe more so for me, cuz I was there!

So the Last day of Camp...
Was one huge Stitch and Bitch, combined with Charity Knitting! We got to sit and visit with friends and knit away! Good thing, because we had so many projects we had started in our classes and so many things we wanted to be knitting and people (like Lisa) just kept on going with their monkeys! We were supposed to finish our sock puppets and monkeys for this evening's activities and well...do knitters ever run out of yarn or projects?

The Charity Knitting was the same type blankets we had started last year-oh!-which reminds me that I promised to email the start of it to a fellow camper/tribe member! Anyways, it was the blanket where four of us worked on it at a time, knitting on a square and growing it bigger and bigger. Two opposing ends would knit the mitered corners while the other two knit straight.


So it was all about knitting, visiting, chatting, playing, shopping, hanging monkeys from ears...

Edward (?) (WHOOPS! It's Ian! Duh, it's only got a name tag!) themonkey (who's dead inside) hangs from HotFlash's ear...

making anatomically correct monkeys...

Lisa's "Brokeback Monkey"-trust me, he really is anatomically correct...

putting final touches on our monkeys...

and did I say knitting?


and playing?...


So I finally look up after all our Charity Knitting and Stitching and Bitching and realize that...it was SNOWING! Realize, I am from San Francisco; we can access the snow, but we have to drive *to* it, and you don't necessarily hit the snow when it is actually snowing! YOWZA-it was awesome! Amazing! Enchanting! And such a weird thing to me to be at Camp Crow's Feet, on Orcas Island, in the Spring, while it was snowing! Besides, I think you all realize I kinda get easily amused...


And back up at my room...
...it continued to snow...!

The evening was our farewell banquet followed by: Cathy-Cate knitting while ballet dancing, Celia's yodel-singing, our sing-a-long to Stephen's adaption to 'Addicted to Love' (his version: Addicted to YARN, of course!),
and our puppet show follies! We had a big showing of monkeys, then pig-piled them up on Cockeyed.
It was a fablulous, rowdy event.You do all realize that Cat and Steph have quite a relationship...

And some photos from earlier...

I think it took IrishGirlie two days to realize that, yes, she really was at sock camp! All she could to was clap in glee that yes, she was at sock camp!
Me and the most-talented Lara-she's the one who made the beaded needle case! I got to meet her in person--I heart Lara! Lara...the one with the evil puppy... who made the monkey who's 'dead inside'...and who gifted me this awesome lace yarn in Motley Hue!
Stariel was in my tribe this year! (yeah, the pepperoni-knitting Stariel...)

The bartenders 2 who survived Camp Crow's Feet Campers!

My Monkey, Louis (Lou-ee), wearing his scarf tied in the 'oh-so-French' way...(Hey, I didn't know we'd have so much time to work on them, so I kept mine simple!)We all enjoyed a yummy buffet banquet-shrimp, crab, oysters, desserts--and each others' company...

Camp wouldn't be camp without the Sockateers: Etta Mae, Hotflash, Cockeyed and Tammy...

and reconnecting with old camp buddies from last year...

and making new friends at camp...
Cupcake Fairy and Elizabeth

And most fun of all was having my local knittng buds to share the experience with first-hand!Nartian, me and IrishGirlie

I must say that nothing is more heart-breaking than to get up reeeaaaally early to catch the first ferry...in the snow...
only to arrive as the ferry is departing! We had a good 3 hour wait for the next ferry!

The happy thing about this is that I got to say goodbye to some of my fellow Second Year campers!
KT, Lisa, Marti, and Sheila (she's the one who did the sound effects each year: crowing and monkey cries...)



And this, posted for Knitgolfer Marcy...(yours is the second from the left)
Knitters without Borders, Scaponia, mill end, Rare Gems-and no, this isn't all I got!And it didn't take long before Little Emperor had stripped Louis of his button hat and scarf! He was entertained for quite some time on the long car ride!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh, Monkey1 would've not been pleased if she knew that you gave her monkey name to another monkey.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. What total fun it was.

Anonymous said...

what a great post! i heart the scaponia and can't wait! i get to have a 2 day class with Cat on fri-sat! my own mini camp! but i am joining you next year!

Unknown said...

I mean really... Could you have had a better time?