Monday, May 12, 2008

Sharing a bit...

So yet I am posting again, right after blogging about today's yarny arrivals! I thought maybe I could fool you into not getting as bored of my blogging if I separated out this post!

OK, I feel like I can share a bit about one reason I was feeling a tad bit busier over these past couple of weeks.

As you all know, I am a PTA mom. Not just a PTA mom, but an officer of the PTA Board at Lil' Emp's school. Before leaving for camp, an on-going issue rose to a second threat of a lawsuit and upon my return from camp, we received a summons to Small Claims court. So...basically we had our court date tonight and up until this evening, I had been working on getting our information together to present. Bottom line: we were being brought to Small Claims for collection of a $76 royalty fee for a design we had been using for our school t-shirts and sweatshirts. The husband of one of the teachers created the design and this year decided he wanted to collect royalty fees for its use. This, we were informed of only after conducting our "Back to School Night" t-shirt sales. So now we wait 2-3 weeks for a judgement to be mailed to us.

I have to say that it was a wonderful thing being there and having several teachers, a past PTA officer, a retiree/volunteer and her husband, and Principal there tonight to support our Board. No matter what the outcome, we were well represented and supported and were doing what we felt was right.

4 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I know that has been a stressor for a bit so I'm glad its done. And hopefully will be in your favor (like it should!!!).

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed the outcome is in your favor too! Bad karma for this fella and the teacher...Terry , who loves tapmouse's yarn pics!!

Unknown said...

On the plus side, that means the plaintiff also has to wait that 2-3 weeks.

I am so hoping this means the judge will run in your school's favor 'cause, in case I haven't said it before, he's a schmuck for doing that to the school.

We have budget crisis and he's trying to make money off the kids. It's so not right.

Tan said...

I just memed you!

See Vortex of Chaos

http://chaosvortex.blogspot.com/2008/05/getting-to-know-you-er-me-er-meme.html