Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You guys are clever, so I know you know what this is...

And if you don't recall, there were 2 skeins of STR shown earlier on...and here are the two colorways knit together...

And though movement on my Secret of the Stole II came to a screeching halt, I did actually get some knitting done over the long weekend. It seems these baby showers keep sneaking up on me! So I finally knit the 2nd practice bootie from Cat's book and a matching hat! I'm very proud of this hat-not that it is original, nor the idea, but I am just so thrilled that it looks just about the size of a newborn cap with the edge cuffed up. Cuffed down, it stretches to what looks like a size 9 mo. cap! So the baby can wear this for some time! This set was knit wit just about 1 ball of Crystal Palace Merino5 (long story, but it would actually fall short by the last 16 rows of a bootie, so if you want a set out of a ball of this yarn, you need to start decreasing the hat about 4 rows sooner -LOVE this stuff!

The hat is basically a CO of 72 stitches, K2 P1 ribbing, knit about 5 1/2", then started decreasing.

So I am ready for the Baby Shower! Boy, sometimes I amaze myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The set looks wonderful - I'll have to take a closer look at that book! Thanks for letting us know the fit, it's so important to know. (Sometimes those baby things come out looking like it's for us!) And your reader here will patiently await pics of your buys at Stitches - have a wonderful time! Terry