Thursday, January 31, 2013

When we expand our crafting horizons...

Expanding crafting horizons! As in-mixing it up w/a little spinning or embroidery, paper crafting, or if needle arts, CROCHET...!

I actually was a better Crocheter before I was a better Knitter, and the fact that Nartian's alter-ego is CrochetChick ought to tell yoi something! So when we saw Kira K Design's Belle Époque shawl kit in Downton Abbey-inspired dyed yarns...well, we were both smitten! OK, so Nartian made the first move and I copied! (What are knit pals for, anyway?!)

So our CAL was ON! Well...not exactly. It was the end of last year; I was desperately trying to stay focused on finishing the Baby Shawl Collar sweater and my mom's Hey, Teach! I think Nartian was working on a test knit and had another one or two items she was working on. We decided we'd start some time after the New Year.

So here we are, both CAL and surprisingly, though she is ahead (as expected), not too far apart from one another!

So last I checked in with her, she was on the fourth repeat of a section while I, on the 3rd. I suspect she has begun the border; I'm on the 4th repeat.

So the plan is we have our matchy-match shawls completed for Stitches West! Looks like I MAY make it!




So here's the thing: now that I've started this pattern, I can't look at yarn the same way.

All of a sudden these two skeins of yarn I first thought I was willing to part with start looking like another Belle Époque!


You can see it too, right? HELP ME! I have an inability to de-stash!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

dianne said...

I'm not seeing it.... Be strong, destash! It's more spending money for Stitches West :-)

Discoknits said...

DESTASH! You know you want to. Think of the pleasure of buying something new at STITCHES!

;0p

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It is indeed the ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh an average of 42 pounds lighter than we do.

(Just so you know, it has totally NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and really, EVERYTHING to do with "how" they are eating.)

P.S, I said "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

Click this link to see if this short test can help you discover your real weight loss possibility