Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Am I truly a Knitter?! Or...Thinking Outside the (lunch)Box

It's times like this that I have to pose that question to myself! Ok, let's back up a bit...THIS is what I got from my sister for Christmas!


Isn't it CUTE? Yes, I thought so, too! And the little monogram? Also sweet.

So I packed my lunch in it since I'm trying hard not to buy lunch out AT ALL...brought it to work twice-pretty nifty! Cute AND functional, no?

And this is what my sister wrote:



And my reply...


This is why I admire my sister
for her intelligence and creativity. I looked at the bag and my
Kind automatically went to, "Ah! Cute lunchbag! And a toothbrush holder-guess I would consider bringing my toothbrush to work-probably not a bad idea!" My sister looks at it and says, "Ah! Cool bag that can be used for projects! And look-the case can even be useful for tools!"

I'm the one who identifies myself as a "Knitter"; I think she just knows she is a Creative Being! Intelligent, creative and a true Artist!

But look how correct she is:



Circulars now stores in front zip pocket!


Interior pocket housesy measuring tape while the yarn and project (and the NEW Slipped Stitched Studios needle holder) are in the main compartment! How handy is that?!

So yes, I am truly a Knitter, tho not always seeing the bigger picture of imagining BIG!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Jadielady said...

I love the Slipped Stitch Studio needle cases :) I got myself one last year, and then got one for my mom and several of my friends this year. They're really great if you have needle chewing pets.

dianne said...

I'm raising my hand for Knitter and putting it back down for Creative Person, because I totally would have used that for lunch too! LOL Great idea though!

tapmouse said...

JadieLady- this is my first SSS needle as and I love it! Laura has THE BEST items!

Dianne-there's the other option on being both! I have to say, i'm definitely more finitely labeled than broadly! Luckily the creative ones help us along and give us inspiration and ideas!

Discoknits said...

Some are destined to write patterns, others to knit them! I'm firmly in the knitting camp with you ;0) Give me a lunch bag, I'll use it for lunch. I love this idea though - next time I see a cute lunch tote, I'm getting it for myself.