Sunday, October 05, 2008

Bless Me, Readers, for I have Sinned!

It has been three months since my last yarn purchase confession. Well, except for the one skein of Wollmeise because what Knitter in their right mind passes up on a Wollmeise opportunity? And the other purchases between weren't purchases, since I used gift certificate; therefore, they were gifts.

So I walk into a local crafting store and walk out with this... I mean, the good thing is none of this is yarn, right? The afghan booklet had quick knit afghans that look like they won't bore me--worked doubled and in clever panels! I promised a friend he'd get an afghan by his 50th birthday--I have a bit less than 4 years to go and thought this would be a good start! The hook? Well...some of my lovely 8/0 beads' holes are a tad bit too small for the size 12 crochet hook. Yeah, I paid more for the new hook than if I bought a new bag at less than $1.50 for around 275 beads! I paid for the two items, then the bead spinner caught my eye...it was at the other register and on sale! Grabbed it up, paid for it, done. Yeah, I'm sick that way...Then I thought about Chicken Knit's resolve not to purchase anything she absolutely did not need for a month...I failed that task!

Final confession? One word: Woolgirl! Yeah, I'll dish when it arrives...

And now for the planned Malabrigo Holiday Knits:

I'm hoping these will be converted to gifts this month! Recognize the upper left colorway? I used it for the Quickie Cowl and hope to make a Tudora for my cousin. The right was used for a Tudora and I haven't decided what it may end up being. It's the Colchina colorway. The two colors at the bottom are the Privada collection colorways that ImagiKnit has had sitting forever on their sale shelf. They didn't look nearly as attractive unwound, but I suspected they were more of a 'wow' once wound. I think I may be correct.

The blue/grey/pink will be a Calorimetry for a cousin and the orange/green/pink will maybe be a cowl for a friend's December b-day.

But wait-that's not all! I started the soles pre-October 1 start date, but the tops I started after the 1st. These are two not-Malabrigo Loafers to be. I'm using whatever worsted wool I have for the soles. The top of the first pair is Weavers Wool Quarters from Mountain Colors. Clever Me to discover I had this in my stash to use!
No completed stole clues yet, but the baby hat has been long-finished. A new Baby Solly hat, though I understand that Little 6 mo. Solly is wearing 12 mos. old clothes! This hat may be too small...

Th-th-th-that's all, Folks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry, I didn't make it the whole month either. Maybe next month.

Cool bead thing though!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

3 months is pretty darn good! Even with just a few tiny missteps. And here I am wondering if I can make it one month, and then until Purlescence's after-Thanksgiving Sale! If you can do it, I certainly have to give it a try!!

Keep it up!

Rocky Moreno said...

I have a real real hard time walking out of Michael's or any craft store empty handed.. so I totally agree with your splurge 8)