Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oh yeah, I fogot...

That I had also caved and placed an order with KnitPicks! The nickle plated sock DPNs were on sale and I was unable to pass it by. And the book sale was irresistable, as well. So of COURSE I had to add some worsted weight yarn for gift knitting to the order for free shipping!

As much as my intention was to knit the gifts from my stash, I realized my stash lacked dark colors for the soles of the loafers I want to make. So this should more than make up for the deficiency.

But when the order arrived, I was actually surprised...
who would know that 22 50-g. skeins takes up so much space!

And lack of disciplined prevailed when I cast-on for some mocassin socks...

EZ mocassin socks started!

6 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

How could you forget the knitpicks order?! THat's an order!! Can't wait to see the moccasin socks...yeah, I've had a casting on new stuff problem all week!

cockeyed said...

...wow, wow and double WOW! That's a @#%$-load of yarn! Can't wait to see it all knit up!

Rocky Moreno said...

I think the "casting on fever" is in the air! I've been casting on without finishing my other projects.. I just can't resist it! Nice score 8)

Jess said...

I fell for the Sock DPN set too, and added the nickel Options set on top of it. Dude, I may not like the yarn, but KPs are the most awesome needles ever.

I too have cast on at least five projects in the last few weeks. Weird! I had no idea I wasn't alone. Heh.

Rocky Moreno said...

Hello,
I nominated your blog for a blog award 8)

Unknown said...

Yeah- no avoiding that book sale!