Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And sometimes a break from lace...

is just what we need!

Funny, because I had just read a message from my camp pal, Happy Stasher, telling me that she was taking a break from her Mystery Stole 4 and working on some double-stranded, size 13 needle slippers! And wouldn't you know...I had just cast on a baby hat for one of the new (well, maybe not-so-new since they have already outgrown their baby hats I made them!) babies. Then I see Nartian, who admits to me that she had cast on a cabled baby hat last night, too!

Though not at the same parts in our stoles, I think we are all at the point in the KALs where we are needing a bit of a breather-and a tad faster pace!

So here is the cabled baby hat I'm working on...
I think with all this talk of holiday knitting, I was starting to feel antsy and wanted to get a jump-start.

4 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Very cute! I hear you on the feeling antsy about holiday knitting! So I'm first trying to finish the gifts I owe (e.g., just finished a baby gift for the already born! baby, now working on dad's father's day scarf?!).

cockeyed said...

...darling! Good to know that I am not the only one needing a break from KALs!!!

Rocky Moreno said...

I love that color, the neutral with soft pastels, very pretty! Cables look pretty, do you use a cable needle?

Unknown said...

That's the great thing about knitting, right? Really, there's no rules!