Monday, September 08, 2008

The Insanity has Begun!

The insanity, that is, Mystery Stole 4! Nartian had her Clue 1 well underway when we got together to knit this afternoon. I had come to a screaching halt on my SSiii when I found an extra stitch and tried to fix that one area without frogging. I may have to frog, but it sits for now.

I finished knitting up the one skein of Silky Wool for Carmen, then couldn't remember where the rest of the yarn was! So that project stopped on Saturday. But alas, I found the rest of the yarn and wound the other 4 skeins and am good to go.

So back to the Mystery Stole 4. I was too lazy to continue swatching my pathetic red Cashwool, since I had dragged it around in my bag, it had fallen off the needles and it was looking pretty hopeless. But I wanted to see if the Olive Gold-lined crystal beads would work with the red. The silver-lined light grey probaby would have been nice, too. But THEN Nartian noticed how nice the Olive Gold-lined looked with the "Wet Stone" colorway of Yarn Place "Gentle". Me being the olivey-greeny lover I am, I must confess it took little to steer my course right to that combo!
Though difficult to detect, there are beads on this swatch! The topaz were too warm/orangey, while the silver-lined Rosaline worked well...

So it has started, though I'm barely into Clue 1! And SSiii is on a little time-out.
And so I ended up with this! Talk about 'Mystery'-my yarn and bead choices were literally a mystery to me for the longest time, try as I may to swatch and plan it out a bit!

And what have I been doing lately, rather than accomplishing more than this with my knitting? Dare I say, I've been all absorbed in the election! Obsessed almost, though I have curbed myself a bit! I'm just thinking that with being PTA President and having started a non-profit and being Executive Director of the College of Business Intership Bureau at San Diego State for a year...heck! I should've run for President! What's WRONG with me??? Shall I go for Governor?

OK, I'll stop. I'm a mess!

7 comments:

Discoknits said...

I don't know how you do it! The lace, I mean. WAY too much concentration for me.

But definitely you should run for Governor. Heck, I'd vote for you. Oh, but I'm not a Citizen. And I don't live in Cali. But I know Irishgirlie would vote for you :0)

cockeyed said...

...let me know if you need a help with the whole running for governor thing....I'm in.

Rocky Moreno said...

I hear you about not enough time to knit. I started the MS4, but haven't done much because my time has seemed to fade away. I love the red yarn you choose too.

Marisol said...

Busy buys little tapmouse:) Hey if its any consolation I have yet to start on my MS4 hehe... Hey maybe thats what I should do right now:) I got caught up casting on for a february lady swtr... see always late to the party:)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Well, how else would the NSK's be able to take over the world without at least one of us being governor! My Olympic boyfriend would so campaign for you! And obviously there would be yarn involved in the campaign, so we'd be set!!

And I know some people who know some people who would make it okay for Disco to vote. Particularly if she keeps the name Disco.

hhehehehe. I need sleep obviously!!

And you girls are crazy with the lace! You hear me :)

cupcakefaerie said...

I'm so in awe of the lace knitting. Hey, and the governor thing, go for it!

Unknown said...

I like the barely there beads! Subtle but definitely pretty.