Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sometimes it's not ALL about knitting!

So I'm sure there are some of you out there who are like me and start stuff like this...

and well...maybe it just doesn't get completed?! And...maybe you don't quite know what happened to the patterns/instructions?

Yeah, well...I just resurrected this and from what I recall, it was VERY close to being finished! I think it is a bracelet and I was on the last portion. I also think I can probably figure out the last portion to finish it, but will have to either find the instructions for the clasp portion or wing it. It was a pattern from a 'Bead' magazine I bought a while back and I'm pretty sure it will turn up...

And speaking of BEADS...as you all know, the projects have been all about beads these days with the Mystery Stole 4 and Secret of the Stole iii KALs well underway.

I am happy to be able to show you two finished clues:

Secret of the Stole III is now completed through Clue 2. There are now 6 clues that have been released, so I am now 4 clues behind! Oh well...I will plug on!


Mystery Stole 4 is coming along. I am not thrilled with the laciness and think I should have done a smaller gauge, but long ago, I had decided I would not frog. I'm sure I will still be happy with this once it is completed, and I am getting more used of this tiny-thin yarn knit at this larger gauge, so at least that part's gotten better.

And now, after a school picnic at the park, I'm tired and am thinking 'nap' more than 'knit'...I'm dying to continue on my stoles, but I think the nap is going to win out! Besides, I really should be doing housework!

Yesterday morning was spent at the beach participating in Beach Clean Up day with Lil' Emp's school, then off to take care of some business in Vacaville (and hour and a half drive from here), then on to Sacramento (another 1/2 hour-45 minutes drive) for a visit/dinner with relatives. We made it back home at midnight. The good thing about long drives where I'm not doing the driving is that I got some knitting done! The bad thing about being away so long is that I have all the house stuff to continue to attempt to catch up on! But like I said...the nap is winning out at this point! ;)

4 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Hope you are enjoying a fabulous nap right now dear!!

The bracelet is gorgeous! Do finish it up!!

And love your progress on the stoles!! Good girl!! Focus power :)

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! That beading is AMAZING!!!!

cockeyed said...

your things are sooooooo beautiful! Keep up the good work.

Rocky Moreno said...

Ooh.. great job on finishing Hint 2 of SSiii, and working on MS4!

That bracelet when it's done will look mighty pretty!