Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Swatching, not Watching...

...the Olympics, that is! Never been very big on them except as a kid when I was into ice skating. But then, again, that would be the winter olympics!

Well, here is The Knittery lace in Moonlight. LOVE this colorway. Don't love how the lace is knitting up with it. The colorway is so incredible that it really competes with the lace patterning. LOVE the way it washed up and the feel of it, too! Oh well...

The good news is that if I decide not to purchase new yarn and continue on this attempt at insanity that is, the Mystery Stole 4 KAL, I still have other things to occupy my time. Like the Secret of the Stole iii, which I finally started to swatch for!

I'm further along that what is shown in this pic, and the beads above were placed on the swatch. I think I should have read up on the crochet hook beading method first, cuz then I would have realized I needed to hook the beads on as I went along! Oh well...I continue on the swatch and am this swatch will at least have the upper three bead rows with beads attached.

So far, I still can't tell which beads I like best. I'm now leaning towards the Colonial Gray-lined (the ones I have placed on the right side...). I will probably try going up a needle size or two and do a second swatch at which time I'll add the Orchid-lined crystal and see what the overall look is.

And while I'm discussing my swatching, let me add that working with the Laci so far is FABULOUS! It has a softness to it and good stretch! Me loveses it! But what else could I expect from a Blue Moon Fiber Arts yarn?! Definitely less lofty than the Dream In Color Baby I'm using for the Mystic Lights shawl, but its smooshiness is much like that. And the hand is soooo soft! I'm sure the Baby will feel softer once washed, but the Laci already feels so soft knit up without washing! I'm no expert on lace, but so far, I have to say that this is a winner in my book!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG- That moonlight color is amazing!!!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Both look gorgeous!! Way to stay focused :)

And what???!! You haven't at least been watching my boyfriend?! :)

Rocky Moreno said...

Oh, seeing your swatch makes me wanna start swatching mines, its just going to have to wait until I get past the stuff I'm working on. I have sometime before MS4 & SSIII start.

I'm going to buy me some BMF lace, it looks real pretty.