Sunday, August 24, 2008

I know I have so many other things to get done right now-among them, an informational 'brochure' for tomorrow's "New Parent Orientation" at school! Yeah, nothing like the last minute! I'm proud to say that I did get the "Welcome Letter" done, though...Yeah, the life of a PTA President!

But look-I finally got the second "Joe Cool" sock done and now have a PAIR!!! They are sooo cute on Lil'Emp, 'cept for one thing...he says they are 'scratchy'! He only put them on so I could take this picture, and proceeded to wiggle around in them-I had to take maybe 8 shots just to get this one-he kept moving, putting his hand into the picture, etc...

It's a good thing I didn't bother knitting "Pikachu" heads (yes, Pokemon) to use as 'tassels' for his mini Malabrigo loafers, cuz he seems to think those are 'scratchy', too!

I SWEAR this is the last time, but I will probably try one more mini-malabrigo loafers for him using STR doubled. If he finds those 'scratchy', I give up!

And here is what I tossed in the steamer quickly on Tuesday night:This poor yarn had sat, damp, in a plastic bag waiting to be dyed. I wasn't getting around to it and decided I'd experiment with a 'semi-solid'. Using some dye I had gotten a while ago from KnitPicks in Mulberry, I mixed some up, trying for a smaller quantity for a lighter shade and basically tossed it into the bag with the skeins and tried to work the dye into the yarn. Overall, I think I like it!

Better go-everything else calls!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The mulberry is so pretty!

HAHAHAHA!!!! PTA president who procrastinates! I love it!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh, pretty yarn!! Great job!!

Love the socks!! You are such a good mommy!! And a good wip-finisher this week too!

Rocky Moreno said...

That shade of lavender is pretty!

Knit something for spring with it, a shrug? It would look so pretty.

Unknown said...

Maybe the warm weather makes for wearing wooly socks a no go? Monkey1 quickly took off her cute Sweet Tarts after the photo op despite liking how they look.

Still love the mulberry.

cockeyed said...

...beautiful yarn! Oh, I remember those days of PTA President and all that came with it! The socks are cool!