Sunday, August 19, 2007

Some knitting has occured!

As amazing as it may seem, I actually have a project that is progressing and acutally looking like it (dare I say?) may get completed! I am now on my second sleeve of the Ribby Pulli. Don't hold your breath, but I am actually hopeful that I may actually be wearing this in the Fall!

I ended up lengthening the body (by a good 2 1/2" or so...), since I really didn't want the pocket to hit into my sagging boobs! No, I'm not built like the Ribby Pulli model, so I think it was prudent to do so! Some of us just can't pull off that sweater hitting in the places hers does-so flattery before fashion...I also cut the sleeve short by about an inch (17.25" vs. 18"...) and worked it in a couple of sizes smaller. The body is being knit in the size 41". (Fingers crossed-"I hope it fits, I hope it fits!"...)




And though these are nowhere near completion, I actually have my Solstice Slip socks going. They were the last Rockin Sock Club kit. I decided to start the second and have them both going so that I actually have a fighting chance at getting the PAIR done!


I want to make progress on these, since the Campanula for the Cure socks are haunting me! I haven't started them yet and really wanted to try and finish these socks before starting the Campanulas. Problem is, with the Ribby Pulli really shaping up...well, you know...guess which project is pulling me towards it the most these days?...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your comment on the Harlots blog.Don't know if you have every been on Bockstarkknits.net's blog. She might have the yarn your looking for.Its late and I can't remember all the details sorry.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I love how the ribbi pullover is looking!! Just fabulous!

Great job on the STR socks. I had really thought I would cast these on before the next shipment...but nope.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'll need to add a couple more inches to my Ribby Pulli too, but I'll stop at 12" first so I can decide where to increase to the next size up.

Your Ribby Pulli's looking good and I can't wait 'til you add the Puck's Mischief Twisted to it.