Thursday, August 23, 2007

i caved...


Ok, so I caved. I cast on for the Campanulas! I'm using the SereKnity Black Forest Fudge and must say I love the colorway. I know that stronger colors and variegateds are not the best for patterned lace and textures, but I am curious to see how this colorway works with the Campanulas-the competition will be strong, but I still am interested to see.

Definitely, I think the Radiance "Heather" will be a real winner, but I want to plug through. This is a lame pic, cuz I took it in the very beginning, so it shows none of the pattern! I'm only through one repeat at this point, so it is still hard to see just how bad a choice this yarn is!

As for the yarn itself? I am actually very pleasantly surprised at how much I am enjoying this yarn-very soft with some cush after it is knit up. I really like it!

OK, so a last couple of pics-it *is* almost YPF, ya know?...
So here is an order I got from Yarn4Socks-enabling brought to me by Stilaholic Nartian, herself! She ever so slyly pointed out to me that Ruby Sapphire has an "Atticus" colorway! Well...I couldn't resist that one! So while I was at it, I added some Fleece Artist "Stone". I thought it would be more like the Nova, but I think I may have been wrong...It looks suspiciously close to another Fleece Artist sock yarn colorway I have in my stash, so I may have to consider-gasp!-a 'destash' of one of them! I am just realizing that space is extremely exceeded and the budget is very bad, so...But I have to say that I did get to give Nartian a bit of her own medicine when I whined about how I was not going to pay shipping on ONE skein. Thus the Fleece Artist purchase! THEN I was a mere few dollars from free shipping, so Nartian HAD to add a skein to my order for herself-after all, what are knitting buds for, anyways? But you know what? We considered waiting a bit to get our yarn lovelies, but I'm so glad we didn't-neither of our colorways are availabe at Yarn4Socks! Apparently they sold out!
And here is some Shibui sock yarn in Wasabi. Nartian and I did a run the other week and I limited myself to "one" skein, which in sock yarn language translates to "enough for a pair of socks"; thus, my indulgence...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Huh, that Stone colorway is so not what I thought it would be. But I love your Atticus. I knew it would be a great color for you. ;)

And speaking of yarn4socks, I just got their e-mail that they're carrying Shibui now! I'll have to wait 'til payday, but I'd like to get that darker brown colorway they have.

Lastly, I don't know about the busy-ness of it, but I do like how the Fudge looks so far, at least in the toe.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I like how the socks are knitting up...I think the variegated may surprisingly work for that pattern! The colorway is so pretty!

And I love the shibui color!! I'm going to Portland in a few weeks and looking forward to getting some in person :)