Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rethinking the Campanula...

I decided to shop my stash again to see what else could be Campanula-worthy. Here are two more skeins I resurrected...

Apple Laine Apple Pie yarn in "Petals"...a little more purple than I want...
And here, Yarn Botanika Radiance in "Heather". The pic came out more dark-especially the purple-toned areas, but it actually has a lot of warm pink and beigey tones to it and in person the darker purples are quite subtle. The overall look becomes subtle shadings of pinks and lavendars. It may be the better pick for the lacey texture of the Campanula pattern.
Though I'm aware of how variegateds can work against lace patterns, I am still tempted to try out the Sereknity BFF anyway, though instincts say that the Heather is probably the best choice...More to think about before casting on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like how my Horcrux in One Planet's merino-tencel (before they called it Radiance) came out. I think the Campanula's in the Heather would be gorgeous too.