Wednesday, August 15, 2007

CAMPANULA FOR THE CURE!


In my insanity, I decided to join the Campanula for the Cure KAL. Well, when I saw MezzoDiva's pattern she was selling to raise money for her Weekend to End Breast Cancer Walk, I had to have the pattern! And of course, KALs are fun, even when I can't keep up!

So I decided to "shop my stash" for some yarn, rather than purchase some new. Here is what I came up with-the Sereknity "Black Forest Fudge", which MezzoDiva had figured out also has the initials "BFF"-clever you!

Of course, just when I decide this, it turns out that I will be able to lay my hands on some Hot Flash STR light, so now I can't decide which to use! I may start a pair in the BFF, then maybe do another in Hot Flash...or perhaps Chappy's "Booby Socks" in Hot Flash? I'll show a pic of the Hot Flash colorway later.

I am dying to try out the Serenknity yarn, and since the colorway IS BFF...well, I think I have my answer!

I am very much not into doing toe-up socks. I have done maybe 3 socks in this manner and so far prefer cuff-downs. I just hate the short-row heels and am not yet saavy enough to convert to a reverse heel-flap construction. (Remember the Monsoons that are still to be...yes, that is why they are 'still to be'!) That is probably the biggest reason I'm not starting them. But you know...I may just go ahead and make them following the pattern as-written. I'll live!

No comments: