Saturday, June 30, 2007

a Birthday Meme...

Stilaholic Nartian tagged me on this one...



The Birthday Meme rules are to go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only. Then post 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday, then tag 5 friends.



So...on July 26...

1788 - New York ratifies the United States Constitution and becomes the 11th state of the United States.
1803 - The Surrey Iron Railway, arguably the world's first public railway, opens in south London.

1847 - Liberia declares independence.



2 Births: 1943 - Mick Jagger, English musician (The Rolling Stones)-because everyone has to point out to me that it I share his birthday. He does have Leo-traits...

1964 - Sandra Bullock, American actress -yeah, she looks quite Leo-ish to me, too...and we were actually born the same day...(now I'm revealing my age!)



Based on the events I listed above, it stands to reason that one of the few Holidays on my birthday is Independence Day in Liberia!



Tagging 5 friends:

Most of my friends who even read this are blogless (or "blog-free" as Cat Bordhi would say...)
so I am sad and have no one to tag...sniff-sniff!

1 comment:

Angeluna said...

Oh this is too weird. Or fun, as you will. With a 4th of July birthday, my historic facts will be obvious.

Sandra Bullock isn't half bad for sharing a birthday. I once found out a guy I knew in France was born on the same day, same year, and almost same hour. I had never been particularly fond of him, so hope other people didn't see us as "just alike".