Thursday, June 14, 2007

Have I reached SABLE?












Well, I think I reached SABLE (Stash Aquisition Beyond Life Expectancy) a looong time ago, but if not, I probably clinched it at Creative Accents. Well, today I went to tea to celebrate my friend's birthday. NEVER go out with a group of knitters because you will inevitably have cause to go the LYS (ImagiKnit)...which we DID...And I could not pass up some of the Jitterbug colorways that were in stock! And they also have the Sheep Shop Yarn Company bulky yarn on sale for $10 a skein. What was I to do?! Had to get some for a future vest! Yeah, I'm on a vest kick now.
Many pics to sort out-sure wish I were better at editing these pics and such...
OK, the first is today's acquisition. The second is my Smooshy acquisition from Knitter's Palette. I was a bit disappointed in the In Vino Verite colorway-not as rich as I'd hoped, but just as Smooshy! The next pile is my order from One Planet Yarn and Fiber-a Celtic Vest Kit, roving in Toadstool colorway, and Yarn Botanika Radiance in Amber. All gorgeous!
So...back to vests...I started the Celtic Vest kit! And it is coming right along. Let's see if I actually complete it!
Lastly, ONE Horcrux sock finished today! Now to cast on for the second!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee, the first thought that popped in my brain was "Waah, she went yarn shopping w/o me!"

Then I realized,"Oh, that's stuff we shopped for online together!" Well, at least part of it. Hah.

And clearly, I'm on your Colinette wavelength since I've been wanting some since I saw Purlescence's notice they've got their shipment in.

Anonymous said...

OMG I miss ImagiKnit! But I think they are going to be carrying Dream in Color yarns now. (Yay!) I got the Vino color in their worsted yarn to make that cute shrug of theirs. And two skeins of the Smooshy (from Simply Sock Yarn) in the Happy Forest and Ruby River colors. I'm making the Embossed Leaves socks from Interweave with the green Smooshy. So far, I love it. It reminds me a bit of Fleece Artist merino.

Hope you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, nice stuff! Terry

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I couldn't resist the Sheep Shop at those prices either when I went to Imagiknit for their sale. Luckily (or not so ?!), I resisted the Jitterbug colorways...but now that I see yours I'm wondering why :) Gorgeous!