Thursday, September 28, 2006

Slow progress

Well, I wanted to show off my new Fleece Artist Merino Sock yarn, but decided to wait until I get another order (ALSO from Little Knits) so that maybe it could be disguised as one order and I won't look as much like the obsessive yarn acquistion agent that I am!

So instead, I wanted to show you the progress on my Carnations and Cranberries socks, only I am right now-literally (my computer can be slowwwwww...) tinking back a few rows! Don't you just hate when your DPN comes out and in an attempt to place the stitches back on, some stitch somehow, somewhere, someway gets messed up? So then you frog back to a place where you can safely get the stitches back on the needleS, struggle to figure where you left off, start back up on the knitting and again find yourself lost? So then you start tinking backwards still hoping to solve this whole problem and get right back on track...??Then the sock becomes a UFO because sometimes you just don't want to be bothered?! Well, I'm right about at that point before the sock goes into the UFO pile...There is still hope, but options are running thin and I am refusing to completely frog at this point.

Hmmmm...maybe I should just dig out some more of my Koigu PPPM stash and call it a night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh, you're too funny. And since I've been brave about frogging my sweater, I'm going to say, just go ahead and frog the whole thing. Well, at least to the cuff, right?

tapmouse said...

You were right! After many attempts at getting back on track, I realized that the time I was spending on this task was starting to grow in length. It started stretching to the point that if I had just frogged back to begin with, I'd have already knit most of it back. Common sense kicked in and I frogged back another inch or so-not quite to the cuff, but almost all of the pattern portion!