Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Just Knot Sure...

Ha ha! Get it? "knot"=not? I'm so witty today, aren't I? Well, not really, but it was my lame attempt at having a more interesting subject line. I mean, I read all these other blogs that are so witty and I think, "Why isn't my writing entertaining?" Not even as much as the others, but at least entertaining? Well, I just have to continue relying on people with this mutual obsessive knitting disorder who will find this interesting for the sheer fact that there is knitting content in it!

OK, now to further illustrate my whining about the Apple Pie yarn from Apple Laine. Here is a photo of where the knot was, and how far out it was to the splice that followed approximately 15-18 yds later...(Ball in upper left, first portion of skein...ball below, the 15-18 yds...splice is shown in yarn between tiny ball in lower corner and larger ball in upper right hand corner...

DSCF0664

I will tell you this-the splice really seems quite strong. But you have to admit it is ugly and would have to be strategically hidden or trimmed or somthing!

DSCF0665

BTW, after inspection of the other two Apple Pie skeins (Pastel Petals colorway...), my initial assessment is there are no knots and I didn't detect any joins. I will have to wind the skein to confirm this, but so far, so good...

No comments: