Sunday, November 30, 2008

More Giftie FO's!

Well, only two...

El Capitan Hat knit with Aran tweed (a little over 3 50g. skeins), and Easy-cable knit Hat knit with Lamb's Pride Bulky (note: added an extra 4 rows and converted pattern to knit in the round)

But that makes two more than I had before!

And the "Solly hat" is now the "Benny hat", since I plan to give it to Benjamyn, instead. It's the green cabled hat that I has become a deviation from the Cabled Baby hat it was supposed to be. Unfortunately, I had copied down the cable pattern WRONG and discovered this, oh, 14 or so rows into it. Luckily, I can just tear down the 18 stitches of the cable pattern for the 14 rows and rebuild them. It's just that 'thinky' patterns take a bit longer to knit. You all know what I mean...

And in case you missed my Black Friday adventures reported on IrishGirlie's blog, let me briefly review for you...

Arriving at Purlescence Yarns between 6-7am rewarded you with the greatest savings: 35% off! (Sadly, BMFA is never included, nor are accessories-but what can we expect? Can't be too greedy, you know?)

And BMFA yarn there was! In addition to lots of gorgeous Socks that Rock in varying weights, there was also LSS (Luscious Silk Single) and WooBu!



There was a line, and sizable; but it moved fairly quickly and besides, I'm sure it is nothing compared to what other Black Friday shoppers were experiencing at the same time!



I was fairly good and left out of there with this...

(the purse was my 'treat'...Nartian had me pick up a coveted merino/cashmere Yarn Daze yarn for here and the rest of my purchases were a few balls of Aran tweed and some bulky yarns for quick gift-hats...I'm sure you will see them featured here soon!)

Irish Girlie was better. She was SO good, that she STILL snuck in a STR Hurdy Gurdy that I thought Cupcakefaerie and I had dissuaded her from purchasing!

Cupcakefaerie had left with a bag of gorgeous, red shades of yarn.

And even having had to be there early to open shop, Sandi and Cathy bid us adieu with smiles on their faces!


IrishGirlie, Cupcakefaerie and I left there content and ready to enjoy a nice breakfast together!

The only thing that would have made this a more perfect way to start our Black Friday is if Nartian had been able to join us!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great day!

cupcakefaerie said...

I never go out on Black Friday, but I'm glad I did this time. I had so much fun with you and Irishgirlieknits. And, yes, Nartian definitely has to come next time. Thanks again for the hat inspiration--yours look great!

Rocky Moreno said...

Great job on the El Capitan hat, I need to make me one of those. Sounds like you had some good fun!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Both hats are fabulous!! You are a gift-knitting machine!!!

I had such a great time on Friday!! We'll have to do a little holiday get together with Nartian and Cupcakefaerie soon!!