Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm feeling a bit spoiled...

Rav love and Knitterly love abound and I reap the rewards many times over...

Cupcakefaerie
was able to procure this and sent it to me...

Wollmeise, Poison Nr. 5-and it's mine, all MINE!!!

It was packaged up all lovely with gummi bears, even, as if I had place a Woolgirl order! And she is my kinda gal with her wonderful taste in cards it leads me to suspect that she is as much of a stationery fiend as I am. I also suspect that she enjoys the lost art of written corraspondence as much as I do. I don't consider myself to be a very literary person, but I have always enjoyed written correspondence. You are an absolute doll, Cupcakefaerie!!! I so heart you!

And remember how I had whined around about being just yards short for my Mystic Light Shawl? I was a bit reluctant to purchase a skein on-line since I had seen such wide variations of shading with this colorway.

I got the bright idea of looking up the yarn on Ravelry and found it in someone's stash-and it was 1/2 a skein! I pm'd her and asked if she would be willing to part with it in trade or sell it to me. Guess what? She sends it to me-from Sweeden! And doesn't want a thing for it!
Of course, this calls for a DAK to go out her way in the future (I don't dare say near, as I am a bit slow in getting things out...), but I will definitely have to send something wonderful her way! Wanna know something funny? Turns out she is in IrishGirlieKnits' "friends" list on Rav-sandikins, you ROCK!

I'll confess that I was impatient and since I was able to see the skeins at Purlescence, I purchased one last weekend while I was there! This is truly a gorgeous yarn and I am sure I will be able to make a scarf or some other lovely item with the yarn.

So I also get THIS package in the mail from a member on my Rav Monthly Adventures group...

We are celebrating our one year anniversary and my name was picked for a prize! I feel unworthy since I've not been very active on that list since the first swap, but I will be donating a prize so I can pay it forward and again be a participating member!

And I know this blog is mostly knitting, but I have to share this...
My latest wine club shipment from Benziger/Imagery wineries! I long-ago signed up as a charter wine club member and (though I drink much less these days...), have not had the heart to give up this club! But the big thrill was this recent shipment: Oonapais (a red wind blend of Cab, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot)--I had tried this one a year or two ago when I was last out to the winery and LOVED it! I'm so glad that this recent 2006 release was part of the shipment! And the other bottle is a Petite Sirah Port! Me loveses me ports!!!

I usually enjoy the wines I get from the club, but since I am familiar with these two varietals and favor them, I am especially thrilled about this shipment!

Holiday projects are chugging along; cast-off, cast-on...

I'll show you where I'm at next time...

5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I was Sandikins secret pal for a knitty swap earlier in the year! She rocks!! As all knittyheads do :)

All that fun mail!! I heart cupcakefaerie too!! And that is such pretty pretty Wollmeise! After the holiday knitting, I suggest a Wollmeise KAL....I've got a nice little stash of it and still haven't knit with it!

And I'm sure we can plan events for more drinking :)
hugs chicky!

Discoknits said...

Yarn AND wine. Now THAT's what I call a good mail week.

Cupcakefaerie totally rocks. She has sent me free yarn too. As sweet as her name :0)

cupcakefaerie said...

I heart all of you!!!

Your postal carrier (that's the right term these days, right?) must have been very busy.

Unknown said...

I just joined the Consentino winery club. We'll see what we end up with.

Glad you could get the yardage you needed. Knitters are such great people!

Anonymous said...

aren't knittingbuds the best!! lucky you, so lucky!
i must get on the wollemeise bandwagon. will have tpo order just to be intelligent about it!
you and your friends rock!!!