Friday, January 04, 2008

YPF, so why not!

I kinda don't have any new yarn purchases to post!-lol! Well, I did post most of my new yarn last night, but since it is YPF, I will show our latest Rockin' Sock Club-yes, the last of the year...And, as earlier mentioned, I have the little bits of yarn and Yarn Wench roving I spun them from. The rovings are "Faulkland Wool", which spins up more easily than merino, yet has a bit rougher hand. I'm not as afraid of non-merino wools, since I have been able to successfully wear my Ribby Pulli close to the skin without irritation.

Here they are:

Gothic Nightfall 2-this was difficult to get a good color representation of. Alot of highlights in the yarn show up as light shades of color, when the color is a bit darker and flatter.


This is Orchid Smoke 1-yes, very typically me...

Last is the Amethyst-Topaz Variation 2 that I added on to my order. I had waffled on it, resisted, and in the long-run (yeah, after reading the description of "lilacs, golds and olives") thought-how can I NOT get this colorway?! It is actually a bit lighter than my medium tone palette preferences, but it is still gorgeous!

And last, the end of the Rockin' Sock Club 2007 club kit:
And even wound it into a cake already!!! (Can you tell I am dying to start this Cat Bordhi pattern?!)...
Final GPA?...Yeah, a 2.o-I think that's about what I got last year...!

No comments: