Saturday, January 19, 2008

Really, I can explain!

This arrived in the mail today...
Another order, you ask? You may also wonder how I can possibly think I'm cutting down on the yarn purchasing, but this order is one of the justified ones! You see, this is the order I had made with WoolGirl for some Miss Babs 100% Merino Superwash for my Ribby Pulli Scoop. Yes, THE order of lovely hand-dyed Miss Babs worsted for my next RibbyPulli variation. I actually ordered this before the holidays and (in my warped mind), this was classified as a 'justified" purchase for the fact that it was a planned project. A seriously planned project that I am very committed to seeing through. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Jenn (the Wool Girl, herself) was great and special ordered this for me from Miss Babs in her Rose Garden colorway. I figured that while I was getting the yarn for the Ribby Pulli, why not order some sock yarn to go with it?

So I now get to go to Purlescence to find some contrasting color for the bands! Right now, I'm leaning towards the greens. I think pink will make it more pink than I prefer, though a purple may be ok. And I think brown might actually blend into the whole thing too much.

I think I should at least swatch it to give a better idea how the overall percentage of colors ends up looking. We'll see...

And surprise, surprise! Look what I actually started?!
The FIRST CLUE of my Secret of the Stole II! Yowza! I'm on row 10. There are 53 rows. I'm just thrilled I actually started!

So now I'm going to start posting things that I am NOT buying!-lol! Here, another fiber I resisted (Yarn Wench "Ming" Merino Silk roving)! Of course, I found this Whimsy color to be pretty sweet, too! But NO roving purchase for me! (Well, at least not today!) I also didn't buy these wonderfully pretty 2oz. fibers (at $6 each) for ME from WoolyWonka, one of the fab fiber sources Terry had to go and point me to! Luckily, alot of her favorites were low in stock when I checked them out-it makes for a much easier 'browsing' experience!

I hope to have the Baby Boo present finished and posted very soon!

5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow! That Miss Babs is so gorgeous! Its going to be perfect for a Ribbi Pully!

I love the idea of...here look what I'm not buying!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous yarn and LOVE the color!! you have good taste!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I like your fiber and yarn. Perfectly excusable buy! I guess the yarn and fiber gods were watching over you and lowered the stock levels...Terry

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! My photography is my first passion, placing just ahead of my knitting. It's so nice to hear some feedback - sadly kind of rare, besides clients.

And I do believe there is only one Little Knits! I love meeting other customers. It's so fun to share my stories while I have them. :D The girls also said they'd had worse experiences with Jehovah's witnesses, but I have yet to even meet one. My suburbs are really nice and quiet.

Yay for SOTSii! It's my first piece of lace ever, and I'm in love already. Can't wait to see more of yours!

Anonymous said...

PS. You're totally going on my Bloglines list of feeds. I need to rebuild my readership as well as my reading list. :D