Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What's going on?!


YIKES! I thought that my blog was being held hostage again by the posting police, but apparently not so! I can access stuff through the main website address; it seems that my shortcut links aren't working. Hmmm...go figure, cuz I can't!


Very little knitting going on. I guess cuz I'm just slow. Or maybe it's that the majority of my free time has been sucked up with preparations for Little Emperor's school's Fall festival! I'm actually supposed to be working on his costume as I write this, so I guess I'd better hurry and post. Of course, it doesn't help that just trying to figure out this blasted posting issue sucked up a bunch of time. Oh, and photosharing my reunion pics with the other attendees wasn't a quick feat, either. Oh well...here it is, 10:37pm and I am fearing for my sleep over the next few days!


So what time I've had to knit has been devoted to the Solstice Slip socks. Please tell me they look like I've progressed since the last I posted them! One is ready for the toe decreases and the other is just starting the foot. Behind them is a Crystal Palace "Splash" scarf for my mom's cousin who's birthday celebration is approaching. Another quickie gift from the stash, though this yarn was going to be a scarf for me...
Off to work on the costume-from-hell. Did I talk about it? Like, for instance, the fact that the pattern calls for a stretch fabric? I'm adapting this metallic lamme spacesuit costume pattern to "Duck Dodgers", so I decided that despite the fact I wouldn't be using a stretch lamme, I still needed to go 'stretchy'. I ended up with a stretchy, SLIPPERY fabric (those of you old enough may recall 'quiana' fabric? ok, maybe not quite as bad maybe, but close!) Suffice it to say that this fabric is slippery, stretchy (oh-so-stretchy), with quite a bit of drape. Those of you who sew can appreciate the pains I am going through! Cutting was a pain. Marking the fabric a BIG pain. Sewing-nearly intolerable, but barely. The top is done, pants to go, as well as the 'helmet liner', gloves, boots, and an alteration to the top, if time permits! Don't think I'm a great sewer, ok? I'm nuts to have chosen this fabric!

3 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Looks like those socks have definately made progress!! Great job!!

And good luck with the costumes!! You are a fabulous mom...remember that as you fight with the fabric :)

Anonymous said...

You will be the cool mom for all the work you put into the costume, and the Emperor will always! remember it:) If you still are sewing, try using strips of tissue paper (regular white stuff is great) between the feed foot and fabric - this is how I manage sewing "bad" fabrics like very stretchy knits. Don't forget the final pic!

Nice rich red colors there! Terry

tapmouse said...

Oh my goodness! Thanks for reminding me, Terry! (About the tissue paper...) This just became a 'no duh!' moment for me because I had THOUGHT about using tissue paper but didn't want to go through the hassle. But just now, I realized that I have tons of the "regular white stuff" that I hadn't even THOUGHT of using!-lol!

I'm too embarassed to show pics of the costume, but maybe after it's done and LE is wearing it, I'll get a pic of him in it.