Monday, October 29, 2007

STR--SPOILER, if you worry about these things!

I think that by now, many of you realize that I really don't care about "spoilers" and, in fact, LOVE seeing spoilers! I guess I'm in a nice mood and decided to put a warning ahead of time for the latest STR kit...just in case...(Actually, I guess I usually have no regard for that since this is not a big ol' high-volume, popularly read blog-LOL!





Anyways, I got my most-awesome BMFA Rockin' Sock Club kit on Friday, after pulling an 'all nighter' with LE's costume and proceeding to work/organize the school Fall Festival. What a wonderful package to come home to! I had been so busy that I had even forgotten that it ought to be there!





I loved this kit and the pattern sooooo much that, well...I CO yesterday and am almost 1/2 way through a cuff! I did pick up the Solstice Slip sock for a bit, as well, but I reaaaaallllly love this new kit! So...the pic of my progress is posted below...








and to make extra-sure I am not 'spoiling', I will continue my post to further push the pic down!





I got the kit and photographed it. As of Saturday night, I was contemplating swatching my Gingerbread Dude, starting the new kit, and continuing on with my scarf I started with my handspun merino/silk I had gotten a while back. I'll have to post and show those later because I am so pleased with the merino/silk scarf!





You see, a while back, I had purchased this lovely fiber from Purlescence, dyed by Chasing Rainbows. I made the(what is now my common) mistake of purchasing only one skein, so ended up with around 160-180 yds. I pondered what to do with it. Nartian had suggested a Calorimetry, but I felt the silk might not keep the stretch as well and was maybe too nice for a Calorimetry. The other night, while digging through my patterns, I found the Dream Swatch pattern! I had seen IrishGirlie's knit up and thought it was so cute! Here's the crazy thing: in looking up the specific link to IrishGirlie's Dream Swatch, I had actually commented how cute her's was and even referenced my Chasing Rainbows roving. At the time I really didn't think I'd be using it for the Dream Swatch, so it must have really been meant to be, cuz it just came to me and I had forgotten I had mildly considered the pattern in the past! All I can say is I'm such a big dork (does that word date me?!-LOL)! So...there ya go! I started knitting up my merino/silk into a Dream Swatch! I altered the pattern to add a repeat and knit on smaller needles for the end, then decreased to the regular pattern. I had been trying to find a lacy pattern to make that would help stretch the yardage. So...I shall post the pic when I get the chance!





Fun thing #2: I did swatch my Gingerbread Dude and it is absolutely INCREDIBLE! I absolutely (in the most yarny-est way that we knitters do) LOVE this colorway! It is even better than I had imagined it would knit-up! The white offers such a high contrast that I was hoping it wouldn't be too obnoxious of a contrast. Well it isn't! It is so subtle and so...well, "Icing-ish"! It really just pops out in small spurts-just like-well..., like- icing on gingerbread! (Doh!) The brown and red in the yarn mix into a gorgeous gingerbready-background for the 'white icing' to ice over every so often. So I swatched a few possibilities and will post them later-too much fun!


So now for my latest WIP ...



(aka: the October BMFA Rockin' Sock Club Kit...)



...



the start of my Lenore socks!



.


.


.


.


ta-duh!


(yeah, at it again...keep your fingers crossed that it is the start of a FO, not an UFO!)








4 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I'm so jealous you cast on Lenore already!! I can't wait but I have to finish my sister's socks, then probably dad's socks, then Christmas knitting..ugh! Maybe I'll squeeze them in!

And I was so hoping for a picture of your dreamswatch. Such a tease!! Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That STR kit is beautiful. I would have dropped everything to cast that yarn on - I do that on occasion :) Me too, I love "spoilers". I guess I have to be patient to see what the BMFA site has in store for the Raven Series...Terry

Kel said...

NICE! Now please show us some Gingerbread? I usually search out all the spoilers, but this time I surprised myself and held out. Hehehe: I just made that same realization, the only-one-skein-what-was-I-thinking realization. 2 skeins don't work either. I think I should just buy sweaters-worth-amounts and be done with it.

Monet said...

Don't you love the color and the pattern?!?!?!

I have started mine too, but I actually got to round 19 last night and for some reason I had 64 stitches on the needles...couldn't figure out where they had come from so I just FROGGED and started over.

I am really digging the pattern but I am looking forward to the rounds with less purling.