Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Penny Returning to Heaven...

(Me, Pen and her sis, Car)
Early this morning a dear friend of mine passed on after an up and down battle with cancer. I just found out tonight. I adored her. I loved her; she loved me...I know because she told me so, and often...and because that is how she was-full of love and not ever forgetting to say anything she felt because she knew life is too short. Full of love, warmth, passion, mischievousness, generous...that was Penny. Towards the end, even more philosphical, though I think that happens when you face death so frequenty...Of course, there were so many other wonderful things about her. Hell-she was embracing life even before she was diagnosed with the beginning breast cancer. You couldn't help but love her and I know she is now in complete love and comfort on the other side.
I had just weaved in the last ends of the hat I had knit for her while on my Sock Camp trip, having seen her a week or two prior to leaving. That was the last time I saw her, and the first in some time that we had been able to get together. It was for Norouz-Sizdeh Bedar, the 13th day of (and ending the) Persian New Year. I wish I had gotten the hat to her earlier, as planned. Wish I had been in touch sooner. But I also do not believe in regrets in life and that it was meant to happen this way and in this order.
But don't let me kid you-my heart's breaking right now and I need to go grieve.


5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you today. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Hugs for you, lots of them. Terry
(be good to yourself, ok?)

Angeluna said...

Honey, I'm so sorry. It is wonderful to have such a friend and heartbreaking to lose them. This happened with one of my dear friends in 1979 and I still think of her often. With fondness and pleasure in the memories. And I'm dead sure she knows it. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.
I feel like there are no words. Take care.

Dorothy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a good woman and a great friend.